• Mitglieder:
    User Online:

Semis against Murray

20.03.2009 | Tennis

Roger held off a late rally from Fernando Verdasco to score a 6-3, 7-6 (5) victory Thursday night in Indian Wells, advancing to the semi finals.

Roger had a great start and continued well into the second set, taking a 4-1 lead. However, Verdasco got on a run and broke Roger twice, including the 11th game to take a 6-5 lead to serve for the set. “I don't think I served great in those games, and I think he got some good hits in,” Roger said. “Because he's got such big shots, especially his forehand, he can put you under pressure quickly.

Roger fought off set points, taking the second set into the tie-break where he raced out to a 5-1 lead and later finished with a service winner.

Roger will play Andy Murray in the semis, which will be a rematch of the U.S. Open final, which Roger won in the fall. "He's a great player and great players are tough to play against," said Roger. "He's young, so you still have to figure him out a little bit. He's changing his game as time goes by. Every time you play him, he plays a bit different. I'm aware he has beaten me more than I've beaten him but, on big occasions, I think I came through."

Kommentar einfügen
Nur registrierte Benutzer können Kommentare verfassen. Bitte melden Sie sich an oder eröffnen Sie ein Konto.

22.03.2009 | 16:50
***Mitz (p.29)

Wonderful and beautiful post !!! THANKS.
I agree with you. Your words can be my.

..." I love the man and his tennis game above all else and I will stick with him until the end and even after. He deserves loyalty and he has mine compl
22.03.2009 | 12:09

As a Roger fan, i'm unhappy about his defeat...
but he remains the only REAL tennis player... the greatest.... he shows us WHAT TENNIS IS... tennis BEAUTY... He shows us the power of CREATIVITY and TALENT..... every match he finds some different and
22.03.2009 | 05:31
federerworshipper********
You're so right. Roger was clearly tricked by Murray. Roger even went forward to the net to ask Murray if he's alright. That would definately distract Roger. Murray must have practised a lot on these "faked falls". The camera wa
22.03.2009 | 04:49
***Dear Norinchi,

thank you for your post (p.29)

I'm not happy and satisfied when Roger lose, especialy when he play like today.
BUT, it's happens, he is only a man and everyone has ones better and worse days.

IT'S HAPPENS

Ewa
22.03.2009 | 04:30
BRIAN W****
Murray could only keep his big serves for maximum 2 to 3 sets. In the AO, Verdasco beat him in the final 5th set all besause he lost his serves completly. I must say that Murray is very strong in playing the best of 3 matches in the minor tou
22.03.2009 | 04:16
I lost my earlier comment!

Dear Roger,

i'm so, so sorry !!!
Today was not your day, but ... it's HAPPENS.

You are much better player than Murray, just BELIEVE IT and play your best with him next time (and with Nadal too).
IT'S POSSIBLE !!!

22.03.2009 | 04:16
Fans, ROGERHOLICS, I don't understand some (or many) of you.

Yes, today was not Roger's day. He played not so well.
We know it and Roger knows it very, very well too.
He lost but ...it's HAPPENS !!!!
It's only a game, it's SPORT and it's not possibl
22.03.2009 | 03:31
***Mitz*** I happen to agree with you.. I think Roger's play is compromized, I suspect his back is still a problem. His aces are not coming forth when he needs them. In the matches he managed to win against Gonzo and Verdasco, he got into long rallies wh
22.03.2009 | 03:28
In tennis terms you are one of my heroes Fed, one of the best players I've ever seen, but these days both Murray and Nadal have got your number. I am praying that you beat the Samp GS record but I cannot see that happening. I hope you can manage it becaus
22.03.2009 | 02:56
Hello Mitz P 29

Thank you for your post. I am not sure that Roger is stressed per se--But, I do wonder whether he is being cautious with his back at this stage, especially in view of the fact he has not played competitively for 6 weeks. I understand t