Roger yet to drop a set

26.05.2010 | Tennis

Roger endured a first tense set and two rain delays today before making it through to the second round of the French Open in Paris today. He defeated Alejandro Falla of Colombia 7-6(4), 6-2 and 6-4.

Roger did not play his best tennis during the opening set, dropping his serve at 5-5. But as they say 'it is not a break until you hold your own serve' - our champ went on to Break Falla right away, taking the set into a tie-breaker where he scored four brilliant winners to secure the set. Roger then moved up 2-1 before rain interrupted play for 15 minutes. He looked unfazed as he came back on court to win the second set despite still struggling with his first serve. Showers interrupted play a second time for about an hour after Falla won the first game of the third set. Roger broke with a winning forehand return in the third game and closed out the match at love on his serve.

Roger's opponent in round three will either be Germany's Julian Reister (ATP 165) or Belgium's Olivier Rochus (ATP 62). Roger has never played Reister before and boasts a 7-0 head-to-head statistic against Rochus.

06/01/2010 | 01:35 PM
Roger you played really well against Falla and I hope you do well like this and just concentrate on your game and be aggressive and be focused and just remember the game plan against every opponent and play at your best so that your opponent gets frustra
05/28/2010 | 03:32 PM
Iam so sorry roger.I havenot been writing to you for a long time.I was very busy because I was studying.But finally I finished.So I encourage you now in Roland Garros.Goooooooooooooooooooooooo Roger
05/28/2010 | 03:04 PM
no one can.no one can do this sport.on that level.and.and so constantly.like Roger Federer does and.did through long years.and so naturally.as if every.as if every movements.or. or motions.hits,shots.would sit on their natural places.when man sees him pla
05/28/2010 | 03:00 PM
A Royal ballet performance Fed.
Keep the course.
05/28/2010 | 02:24 PM
Oh well, what can I say? Our Rog is now on a roll. I guess I am always right when I make my assessment of Rog's game. I knew he would find his element if he broke Reiner and take the first set. It's 5-0 now and Rog to serve for the 2nd set. Hurry! I got t
05/28/2010 | 02:09 PM
first set in the bag, let's go get the other 2 sets Rog. Good job. This title is yours.
05/28/2010 | 02:04 PM
Roger draws the first blood, will serve for the 1st set. Good job Rog, pls keep it up and get out of court in a hurry.
05/28/2010 | 02:00 PM
Roger yet to find his balance in this match. Has never played this guy b4 so not in his element. If he wins the first set then he will start playing better. Go Roger!
05/28/2010 | 01:35 PM
All the best in today's match!
05/28/2010 | 01:13 PM