Gerry Weber Open 2010

07.06.2010 | Tennis

After the end of the clay season it's now finally time for the green surface! Roger will play the 18th Gerry Weber Open in Halle this week where he will try to capture a sixth tournament title and adjust the last details for Wimbledon. He will face Finland's Jarkko Nieminen (ATP 69) in the first round. He has never been defeated by Nieminen in any of their 10 matches so far. He could then play Columbia's Alejandro Falla (ATP 70) in round two before meeting Radek Stepanek (ATP 20) in the quarter-finals. A potential semi-final against Juan Carlos Ferrero (ATP 18) or Marcos Baghdatis (ATP 30) could then be the last step before a final clash with Nikolay Davydenko (ATP 5).

"It's been a while since I last played here in Halle," our champion commented as he was welcomed by tournament-director Ralf Weber and the founder of the tournament, Gerhard Weber. "I am happy to be able to play the Gerry Weber Open again."

Roger will make the most of this week to prepare for Wimbledon, starting with a doubles match together with Yves Allegro against Germany's Christopher Kas and Philipp Kohlschreiber today.

06/08/2010 | 10:28 PM
go get 'em roger..........here comes the fedex express.......the entire summer is yours...it all starts in Halle....#1 fan in L.I., N.Y. steve
06/08/2010 | 10:24 PM
I don't understand why there are fans of Nadal who enjoys coming to this site for whatever reason, I would never go to Nadal site as he does'nt interest me, don't they realize that what ever they write here means nothing to us, we love and support Roger e
06/08/2010 | 09:53 PM
Dear Mitz, I tried Forum - got there - clicked the webmaster but don't know how to post my message - nothing seems to work there - can anyone help please?
06/08/2010 | 09:39 PM
Dear Roger
I'm so happy for you! It's nice you had a good match. I couldn't watch it, but, nevertheless when all true fans say you were very good, I'm very, very happy. Continue like that, be selfconfident, don't listen to people who don't deserve your a
06/08/2010 | 09:06 PM
Yukimi*Please tell me the address of the moderators and I will be happy to tell them about luckyfed so we can get him off Roger's site. He has already been taken off once before and still he comes back and says rotten things about Roger.
06/08/2010 | 08:57 PM
Thanks Pollerer your kind words page 14.

Everone pls write to moderators to get rid of LuckyFed without return from same computer - LuckyFed called Roger a "joke" page 13.

Please write now - thank you - United we stand - divided we fall.

Yukimi
06/08/2010 | 08:54 PM
dear roger u r the best tennis player ever noone can stop u at wimbledon hope 2 b numb.1 soon
GOOD LUCK
06/08/2010 | 08:43 PM
Thanks fans for reporting Roger's win. I had had to leave the house. I am so happy for him!!!!!!!!
06/08/2010 | 08:42 PM
Dear Moderators,

Page 13 TheLuckyFed has gone too far and crossed the line - he has called Roger a joke - this is utterly unacceptable- could you bar this name AND locate his computer and bar further entries from that computer.

Everyone else - ple
06/08/2010 | 08:32 PM
A very good match to start off with the green season; always useful meet a lefty on grass, as a reminder for the future battle with the mallorcan in Wimbledon.