Roger defeated by Hewitt

13.06.2010 | Tennis

Roger had to accept a 6-3, 6-7(4), 4-6 defeat against Lleyton Hewitt today.

Roger showed a strong start in Halle today. He took a 40-0 lead on Hewitt's serve during the second set, but did not manage to use the chance given. From that point on he was no longer able to score on the important points, eventually losing the final in three sets. "We've known each other for years and once played doubles together in Wimbledon and I always looked up to him," Roger said going into the match. "It is something special to play against him."

Roger had not lost a match at Halle since 2002, winning the title five times, and had beaten Hewitt in their last 15 showdowns. But he simply committed too many unforced errors today. Nevertheless, Roger profited from an entire week of preparation on grass and is ready for Wimbledon starting in a week.

06/19/2010 | 07:08 PM
I was visiting the EXPO while hearing the news. I was very shocked by the news, but never mind, Roger is the best on Grass, I have the belief
06/18/2010 | 03:10 AM
***Hughsie***
I wanted to thank you for the lovely words in your post on page 24, before they wipe out these pages...I find them particularly comforting after reading so many disrespectful comments directed at Roger, some even ugly
criticism...because I
06/17/2010 | 04:25 PM
#13 IS THE BAD LUCK,ESPECIALLY FOR ROGER(WHEN HE HAD 13 GRAND SLAMS AND WANTED TO EQUAL PETE SAMPRAS'S RECORD HE COULDN'T:HE DIDN'T WIN IN THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN AGAINST nadal:p. ALSO HE DIDN'T WIN IN ROLAND GARROS AGAINST ROBIN SODERLING IN THEIR 13TH MEETI
06/17/2010 | 01:09 PM
A very hurtful loss....I'm angry and sad
06/17/2010 | 05:02 AM
It was a close match with Hewitt. Sometimes that is the way it is. I am totally confident that you will rise to the occasion at Wimbledon!!
06/16/2010 | 02:32 PM
****nochweiterroger**
I have just re read you post--well said and thank you--I agree that Mirka does not always get the support that she so richly deserves---At least she has the one and only Roger Federer whom I am sure 'spoils" her. She's happy he is h
06/16/2010 | 02:23 PM
***Ticky*** P24
Thank you for your reply and the very nice complimentary words about Roger .
Also welcome to RF.com--I do not think that I have seen your posts before.
Unfortunately, my spare time is very limited[like so many others] therefore must
06/16/2010 | 02:22 PM
Seeded nr.1 hope Fed will have a little luck
with the draw and not getting all the tough
players on his side (as usual)
06/16/2010 | 01:08 PM
Roger is seeded number one for wimbledon! Hope he lives up to it!
06/16/2010 | 11:24 AM
Great Post again Hughsie page 24. I just wanted to be sure that you didnt think that i had been criticising Roger (and i had no idea either if u had read my earlier post-just needed to clarify it anyway).
I agree with all that u say-Roger has achieved so