Roger withdraws from final

16.11.2014 | Tennis, Starseite 1

I am sorry to announce that I cannot play the finals tonight vs. Novak. I hurt my back late in the match yesterday against Stan. I am very disappointed and I hope to be feeling better soon.

It’s been an extremely difficult decision because I love playing in London and the ATP World Tour Finals have been an absolute highlight of my career. Unfortunately, my back problem does not allow me to play right now. I hope all tennis fans and those involved in the event will understand.

11/22/2014 | 01:01 AM
Hello Roger
Margaret [hughsie] said it all in her usual wonderful post/s
Perhaps you may have been hesitant re playing today [our time] BUT being the true
champion that you are you 'took the plunge' for your country and team. I have so much admiration for you, Roger Federer.
Also to watch your team assisting you in so many ways e.g. carrying your bags etc.is heart warming.
Hopefully recuperation continues with good massages, good nights sleep etc. You are the judge no-one else.
Amelia
11/22/2014 | 12:38 AM
New News Thread Everyone!
11/22/2014 | 12:29 AM
I think the parents must behind the players and in the same block as me. I saw Rogers Mum leave for a break before Rogers match and she walked passed where I was seated. She looked very smart.
11/22/2014 | 12:18 AM
Dear Roger: Happy to know that you feel fit, happy to know that you will give your best to try to win this elusive title for team swiss. All your fans will be praying for you, we really like the way you play and you aesthetic approach to the game. Gael played really well and you were adapting to a different and difficult court. You can play 100% tomorrow and if you win it maybe Stan Can seal the deal. Take painkillers and rest well. Then you will have 3 weeks to recover, please give up India.
11/22/2014 | 12:13 AM
Beating you to it RF4WORLD! I hope you are cool with that! Full match report, pictures and video footage - http://www.rogerfedererfans.com/forum/topic/2065-match-report-pics-video-highlights-of-roger-federer-vs-gael-monfils-davis-cup-final-2014/
11/22/2014 | 12:10 AM
Every time you post I feel inspired LK!
11/22/2014 | 12:09 AM
RF=ReallyFit?
11/21/2014 | 11:58 PM
Dear Roger,

This photo should help silence the gossips on and off the tabloids:

Like both sets of parents I am cheering you and the Swiss team on daily with much vigor and noise!

Luv, L
11/21/2014 | 11:54 PM
Roger's thoughts on playing doubles tomorrow

11/21/2014 | 11:49 PM