New record for Cincy

18.08.2005 | Tennis

Roger hasn't showed his best tennis this week, but has produced when it was needed. Roger failed to hold serve four times but beat Nicolas Kiefer of Germany 4-6, 6-4, 6-4 Wednesday in the second round of the Cincinnati Masters. "There's a reason he's No. 1 — he makes the important points," Kiefer said. Roger failed to hold serve twice in the first set, righted himself a bit in the second, then failed to hold twice in the third. "I was struggling in the beginning," he said. "The start of the match was crucial, and I couldn't get on top of him there. Still, in the end, to turn it around and not play my best is always a good feeling." Roger is 6-3 against Kiefer and has won five straight, including three times this year. It took him four sets at Wimbledon. He said the long break has drained a bit of his confidence. "The way you read the game; I have the feeling that's missing most," he said. "Then doubt suddenly creeps to your mind. You're not sure, 'Should I go for the shot or should I rather play it safe one more time?' When you're playing well, when you're confident, you don't think about those kind of things."

08/19/2005 | 08:06 AM
The Kiefer match showed people how a Great Champion can win even when playing really bad. Footwork was off, timing was bad, and lots of tentative shots. But at no time when I was watching, that I feared you will loose. Because I know that you can raise yo
08/19/2005 | 07:29 AM
I just saw his match against the Belgian guy ( can't remember his name) and Roger's rust and cobweb is falling away fast.
Awesome match, great win , Roger. We knew the Roger we know was around the corner and coming back real soon. And Yes you are back
08/19/2005 | 07:07 AM
08/19/2005 | 06:57 AM
Great Roger you won again but unfourtunately I could not see you on tv. it was shown acassuso vs horna. Makes sense. An argentinian playing at the same time you did.
As I saw the stats of the match in the cincy`s web page you converted 14 aces and didn`
08/19/2005 | 06:28 AM
From: Mary Kay, "Teach", your No. 1 Michigan fan
To: Roger, the World No. 1 Tennis Player

Throughout your first 2 rounds in Cincinnati, I could see you improve. I even wrote you after you played Kiefer that I knew Rochus would have his hands full .
08/19/2005 | 04:49 AM
Iam really happy you won your match yesterday. It was very exiting game.
Don't worry too much Roger, we all believe in your ability.
HAPPINESSES BY YOUR TRIUMPH BEFORE ROCHUS!!!!!!!
I hope you get the title on Sunday.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
LOVE
L@U

08/19/2005 | 04:46 AM
Champians rise 2 another level.........when they r in danger...... & win it in the end...... U proved it all over again!!!.....Keep up the good work!
08/19/2005 | 03:32 AM
r.federer
don´t worry , you are the best .. and we are with you .. you are the champion ..
good luck
08/19/2005 | 03:28 AM
Roger, it is true, the return it wasn´t amaizing.But the first game was worse than the second.
Then I couldn´t see this night, but I was with my pc, and watch livescore, you know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It was a short match and when the ESP+ showed the high li
08/19/2005 | 03:00 AM
COME ON ROGER!
You are the best,follow your thoughts.You will surely win the next match.Your fans will support you forever!
GOOD LUCK! COME ON ROGER!