Roger retains title in Bangkok

02.10.2005 | Tennis

Roger successfully defended his Thailand Open title by defeating British teenager Andy Murray 6-3, 7-5. He has now won 24 consecutive ATP finals!

"I had to work hard to get to this point. I'm amazed with myself, and hopefully I'll keep doing this in the future", Roger said. He added that his young opponent has a promising future provided he works hard. "He's got a repertoire of shots, he has slice, and his volley is alright. He reads games well," said Roger. "He has potential to become a good player. Consistency is what's missing in his game, and he's not 100 percent sure of his game."

Murray said reaching the finals of an ATP tournament and facing Roger was more memorable than reaching the third round at Wimbledon. "I was not expected to reach the finals in the start of the tournament," he said. "Only at 18 and to play the finals of an ATP tournament gives me a lot of confidence for the future."

10/09/2005 | 06:53 PM
Congratulations! You really are the best.
I'm so sad that i wasn't able to watch you live, but im happy you got it.

Congratulations again, wish you all the best on the forth coming Master Series in Madrid.

Your the man.
Good luck!

Angelito

10/09/2005 | 06:41 PM
Congratulations! You really are the best.
I'm so sad that i wasn't able to watch you live, but im happy you got it.

Congatutlations again. Wish you win the all the best on the forth coming Master Series in Madrid. Godd Luck!

Your the man.

Ange
10/08/2005 | 10:59 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!! Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10/08/2005 | 12:39 AM
Congratulations Master Federer! I´m so glad for your victory, you are amazing. Enjoy your tennis, Rogi, I do it!
10/07/2005 | 05:26 PM
Congrats Roger. You rule the court.
10/07/2005 | 11:07 AM
Hi Roger! I'm just back on the site. Hope it's not too late to say "congratulations" to you. Actually, I cheered you at the stadium. Besides, we also met a few times at the player lounge, and once at the media center. Again, great job! :)
10/07/2005 | 09:42 AM
I'm just back on this site. Hope it's not too late to say "congratulations" to you. Actually, I was there cheering you every match at the stadium. Besides, we also met at the player lounge a few times and at the media conference too. :)
10/07/2005 | 09:41 AM
10/07/2005 | 07:41 AM
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S R O G E R ! ! !
Y O U A R E T R U L L Y T H E N O . 1
P L A Y E R I N T H E W O R L D ! ! !
10/06/2005 | 10:51 PM
Good job roger in winning the bagkok title way to keep up the excellent play