Credit Suisse Sports Awards 2005

15.12.2005 | Off Court

The Swiss Sportsman of 2005 is Tom Lüthi (Motorcycling, 46 %). Roger came second with 30,3 % of the votes.

---------------------------------

The elections for the Swiss Athlete of the Year will be held this coming Saturday. Roger has once again been nominated for the "Credit Suisse Sports Award" and is certainly hoping to win it for a third consecutive time after having taken it home in 2003 and 2004. His impressive season with 11 tournament titles, including two Grand Slams, and a large variety of records definitely gives him excellent chances.

And now it's your turn (if you live in Switzerland, that is)! The Swiss Athlete of the Year will be elected by the Swiss TV audience via TED during the show. The event will be broadcast live on Saturday, December 17, 2005, from 20.05 on SF1, TSR2 and TSI2 - so don't miss it!

The other athletes nominated in Roger's category are Stéphane Lambiel (Figure skating) and Tom Lüthi (Motorcycling).

12/19/2005 | 08:50 PM
Really some of these Swiss people (no offense Roger! it was not directed towards you or your friends and family!) don't know talent if it hit them in the face. You should have won!!!!! I wish I could have voted! Oh well. Your still the number one!
Love y
12/19/2005 | 03:00 PM
do anyone know if roger is training it's killng me waiting for news and this website like anyother website doesn't update you frequently. I hope he's in the gym he needs more muscles and needs to work on strenghting that foot. He also needs to work on imp
12/19/2005 | 01:15 PM
what a pity that I cannot vote for you.
I believe you will win ! good luck!
12/19/2005 | 01:12 PM
I am NOT happy......not because somebody else won it........but,because....u didn't win!
12/19/2005 | 10:48 AM
I wish I were a Swiss to vote you ... anyhow Italy loves you Rogi, don't forget it !
12/19/2005 | 09:47 AM
You may not have won it again this year but Tom Luthi is also a worthy winner, and deserves it, but and your reaction to his win, standing up and shaking his hand, is just pure class on your part. Chapeau, Roger!
12/19/2005 | 12:31 AM
only swiss can vote?!
well, it does make sense...
good luck, and if i lived in switzerland, you would have my vote! =)

anjo
12/19/2005 | 12:28 AM
roger you are the best
12/18/2005 | 10:13 PM
Meine Stimme hatte ich Ihnen gegeben, doch ich glaube Sie sind nicht traurig, dass Sie dieses Jahr nicht "Sportler des Jahres" wurden. Wir wissen doch alle, dass Sie sportlich und menschlich weltweit unser "Aushängeschild" sind. Das Publikum wollte einfac
12/18/2005 | 09:50 PM
Whether you won or not , I love you so much and you're surely the best player in whole this world , NO ONE CAN BE LIKE YOU ...

MY LOVE TO YOU