Kids from Sierre meet Yves and Roger

02.05.2006 | Off Court

Around 100 kids from Sierre (sout-western part of Switzerland) had the chance to play mini-tennis on Saturday morning with Yves Allegro and Severin Lüthi (Captain of the Swiss Davis Cup team). Much to the joy of the children present, the world's number one, Roger Federer, showed up just before lunchtime to spend some time with the kids.

The regional tennis association, TC Sierre as well as Swiss Tennis invited all interested kids to a game of tennis. They had great fun competing against Yves Allegro or Severin Lüthi on mini-tennis fields. Fun clearly was the main goal, guaranteeing for a terrific time - clearly to the amusement both of the kids and the tennis players.

Roger's visit to the event is a result of the close friendship between Yves Allegro and Roger. The children had the possibility to meet Roger and have their picture taken with him. Roger addressed all the kids in the end, inviting them to play tennis - he had, after all, just begun with it some time ago - and now we can all see where he has come.

For further information and images please follow the link below.

05/11/2006 | 07:55 PM
My God, I've just seen the photos and I'm so envious... I wanted to be there with you, Roger!! But I'm afraid I have to wait until October, when I expect to see you in Madrid, during the Masters Series. Any chance of meeting you as well??? :o)

Good luc
05/08/2006 | 08:22 AM
hi rogee i love u
kids are the luckiest on this earth to have such a wonderful meeting with u
love u
sheetal
05/07/2006 | 05:38 PM
Today was my first tennis leson!!(i know it's a litlle late for that....)but look what you made me do......!!!!!!i can't believe that i was capable to go there and just say:hey...i want to learn to play tennis!
Now you see what impact you provoc with you
05/07/2006 | 05:33 PM
Today was my first tennis leson!!(i know it's a litlle late for that....)but look what you made me do......!!!!!!i can't belive that i was capable to go there and just say:hey...i want to learn to play tennis!
Now you see what impact you provoc with your
05/07/2006 | 04:51 PM
nice story :)

The English translator wasn't having the best of days with this one though...
05/06/2006 | 09:40 PM
primero... Roger sos el mejor indiscutible!!!! nadie puede desir que no sos un genio y un dulce... segundo fans de roger mandenme mails... rochi_17_17@hotmail.com tengo 429 fotots de el !!! »-(¯`v´¯)-»
`- - -´
05/06/2006 | 08:27 PM
you are so sweet !!! me encanta lo que haces !!!!! sos re buena persona... y bueno que se puede esperar? ... sos Suizo... el mejor y mas dulce de todos !!! te mando un besote enorme... DULCE !!! »-(¯`v´¯)-»
05/06/2006 | 07:51 PM
Hi all!!

Draws just came out for the ATP Italia Master Seris Roma!

Roger's first round will be vs. Juan Ignacio Chela. I just checked out the Head To Head on atptennis.com and Roger stands with a 3-0 lead against Chela!!

I checked out the whole d
05/06/2006 | 06:58 PM
Roger, keep up the extra activities that help encourage kids to excel in anything. You are a great role model and I hope you continue to participate in activities. Your contributions and actions are from the heart and it shows.
all my best,
Rachel
05/05/2006 | 01:09 PM
Dear Roger,
How are you?I hope everything is good.
I know the French Open is in the corner and this year's is especially important for you,yeah,I will always support you in the easten park of the world--China.
There are still 2 Master Series be