Roger withdraws

16.05.2006 | Tennis

Roger - three-time champion (2002, 2004, 2005) - as well as Rafael Nadal have pulled out of the Hamburg Masters.

Due to the long and exhausting tournaments just behind him, Roger feels the need to take a break in order to fully regenerate. Roger and Mirka travelled to Hamburg this morning in order to meet with Walter Knapper, the tournament director.

In a tumultuous day at the clay-court tuneup for the French Open, Australian Open runner-up Marcos Baghdatis retired because of dizziness and stomach pains, and former No. 1 Carlos Moya and 2003 Hamburg champ Guillermo Coria slumped again with first-round exits. Other stars such as David Nalbandian, Andy Roddick, Lleyton Hewitt or Andre Agassi will not be starting in Hamburg.

05/23/2006 | 03:58 PM
Good news!!!! After a horrid day I heard the news which finally gave me something to smile about. Roger you truly deserve the award more than the other great sportsmen also nominated. Your fans are basking in your glory.

Best of luck in the french op
05/22/2006 | 03:40 PM
Dear Roger,

First of all I would just like to say bad luck in Rome, and I am sure that many fans like myself felt the same dissappointment you must have felt. It was a close game, but in the end it wasn't meant to be. I can put my hand on my heart an
05/22/2006 | 03:33 PM
all the best 4 French open u will win it.i will pray 4 u
05/21/2006 | 09:38 PM
With you and Nadal out its actually possible for another player to get into a clay final
05/21/2006 | 07:56 PM
Roger! I know you was under a lot of pressure!
but it is ridiculous that u lost to Nadal.
I don't think he has half of your capability.
I hope you find your way out ! You are world NO.1!unbeatable! Roger Federer!

05/21/2006 | 06:45 PM
You are ready to win Roland Garros.
05/21/2006 | 11:25 AM
Dear Roger,
as long as you want to, we'll support you. because, no one knows your conditions better than yourself! just go and do what you think is proper. And remember, YOU HAVE A LONG LONG WAY TO GO! CHEER UP!!

Vicky
05/21/2006 | 07:03 AM
hey roger,
itsok u need da rest recharge cuz u got a huuge line of tournaments after n thn u can come bak n beat nadal!!!show him the true champ tht u r!!!
05/21/2006 | 12:50 AM
Hi Roger,

I wasn't able to watch your Rome final live but I did follow the live scoring online. I was sad and frustated that you lost the match. So now I am watching the match dvd's that I purchased. After watching you play I have no doubt in my mind t
05/20/2006 | 09:03 PM
roger, luma says the thrue.