Roger met the Queen

30.06.2010 | Off Court

Last Thursday Roger had the honour of meeting Queen Elizabeth II who only paid her second visit to the All England Club since having been there last in 1977.

The Queen met several players, including Roger, Venus and Serena Williams and Andy Roddick as well as former Wimbledon champions Martina Navratilova and Billie Jean King. She then stayed to enjoy the match involving British player Andy Murray. Before the match, the 84-year-old monarch lunched with Roger and former British champions Angela Barrett, Ann Jones and Virginia Wade, as well as Venus Williams and Tim Henman.

"I was delighted to meet the Queen. It is a big honour for myself on a personal level and it's a big honour for the club." said a smiling Roger, wearing a smart grey suit, bowed as he shook hands with the Queen.

As the photos of the event have finally been released, we are happy to have some in our gallery (see link below).

07/29/2010 | 03:25 AM
He looked so calm and sophisticated meeting the queen! No one can pull it off like him! And he looked like a Greek God! Seriously! He is the best!
07/28/2010 | 05:58 AM
Dear Roger
I am extreamly dissapointed with your performance at Wimbledon. It was painfull for me to see you exit. I known you were not 100% fit. Roger take rest, increase your fitness levels, work on your first service, hit deeper and harder you will be
07/25/2010 | 08:48 PM
that is wonderful roger...... Meetin the queen.... it must be awesome..
07/25/2010 | 05:50 AM
Woow! that's great Roger!
07/18/2010 | 08:40 PM
Hola Roger! Espero te encuentres bien al igual que tu familia.
Hoy mas que nunca quiero expresarte mi apoyo y admiración por el fabuloso jugador, deportista y ejemplar persona que eres.
Es maravilloso verte jugar, tu inigualable estilo, francamente, es
07/17/2010 | 09:02 PM
=]
Fabulous Roger !!
07/16/2010 | 08:02 PM
why do I keep seeing Mr Bean here,and a prostrate queen with head injuries on the grass..I resisted the urge to write this before ,but today it just got away from me..sorry..crazy day,taking a break..

hope
07/16/2010 | 05:03 PM
Well King Fed, every great King has a Queen so its good you learned to bow correctly to a Queen. You have your own Queen so now you know how to bow. Your really lucky to have had Mirka help you all those years on tour many tour players are single.
So its
07/16/2010 | 12:58 AM
Hello, Federwonder. I was thinking about you this morning, so thought I'd drop a line. Pretty neat to meet the queen, huh? It's like shaking hands with living history. I haven't got lots to talk about (yay, you say in relief), but I just wanted to say
07/15/2010 | 06:01 PM
wow...,roger i love your game and specially your decency on and out court....
that's why you are the greatest player ever in the history in tennis.....