Roger stunned by Tomas Berdych

30.06.2010 | Tennis

Roger lost to Tomas Berdych in the quarterfinals at Wimbledon today, the six-time champions earliest loss at the All England Club since 2002. He was beaten 4-6, 6-3, 1-6, 4-6 by Berdych, the 12th seed from the Czech Republic.

"It was brutal for me. Every time he had a chance, he took it. If there's anything good about this it's I'm gonna get some rest," summed up Roger, who added he had been troubled by a stiff back and right leg injury.

Roger came in with an 8-2 career record against Berdych, having lost the first match at the 2004 Athens Olympics and the last in Miami this year. He also played his 25th consecutive Grand Slam quarterfinal.

Roger, who has appeared in every Wimbledon final since 2003, lost the first set, 4-6, but rallied back in the second set, which he won 6-3. Berdych looked uncomfortable and Roger hit his groundstrokes shorter. But unfortunately Berdych regained control. The Czech seized the third set 6-1, and got an early break in the fourth set and never yielded control, serving for the set at 5-4.

"I'm looking forward to some rest," Roger said after the match. You certainly deserve it!

08/07/2010 | 07:06 AM
HAPPY BDAY 2 U & MANY MORE FANTABULOUS TENNIS YEARS UP AHEAD!!!

---------------Here's some incentive on beating up on Berdych the next time u see him!
------------------------------
08/04/2010 | 04:43 AM
Everything will be right.Come on Roger ,you are the best !
07/31/2010 | 09:07 PM
Dear Roger,
This is the game of life...anyone can win it. Luck & hardwork pays off, on that day luck was on berdych's side. luck can leave u but not your hardwork..it stays with u for lifetime...Someone said "Winnng is not important for me. I want to loo
07/29/2010 | 11:39 PM
don't listen to those mean people. Your the best
07/26/2010 | 11:58 PM
Just remember it only takes three T's to win another trophy: TALENT, TRUST AND THOUGHNESS.

JUST DO IT!

Peter
07/26/2010 | 07:19 AM
Hi Roger,
I am one of your egyptian fans, just registered today in your website, firstly I would like to say happy birthday to your lovely kids, secondly I would like to say that you are the greatest tennis player of all times , no matter ur no
07/25/2010 | 12:55 PM
Hi how are you Roger is your back and leg better and will you be fit to play in the next tournament I do hope so as tennis is not the same when you are not playing.I know there are good players out there but they dont give the same flair as you do.I tape
07/24/2010 | 01:25 AM
***Happy Birthday ! Sweet Charlene and Myla...
Warmest wishes are sent your way
With bits of sunshine on your special day
Bubbles of joy, giggles and kisses
Summer blooms and tinkling bells
Bright colored ribbons on spinning tops
Cuddly toys and spa
07/23/2010 | 08:36 PM
roger dont worry you are the best i love you toooo and you will the no 1 in ranking
07/23/2010 | 04:52 PM
My best wishes to both Charlene Diva and Myla Rose, May this very special day ,God will give you both good health goodluck and happiness. Happy Happy Birthday!!