Semis at the US Open

09.09.2010 | Tennis

Roger raced into the semi-finals at the US Open today by defeating Sweden's Robin Söderling  6-4, 6-4, 7-5 at a windswept Flushing Meadows.

Our champion took advantage of the tricky conditions in New York and served 18 aces and just two double faults, while it took Söderling until the fifth game of the third set to serve the first of his two aces. Roger, whose string of five consecutive US Open titles was snapped in last year's final, commanded his serve with power and precision through the adverse conditions to quash Soderling in just 116 minutes.

"I've practised my serve my whole career, if I can't serve in the wind I've got a problem!" Roger joked after the match. "You can wake me up at two in the morning or four in the morning and I can hit serves."

Roger will now face Novak Djokovic on Saturday for the fourth year in series in the tournament. Roger won all three previous contests.

09/12/2010 | 02:01 PM
Everyone, I made some typing errors in my "Mission Statement" Post above, so I am correcting them in this final version below.
...................................................................

I love to see Roger play well and I love to see him win.
09/12/2010 | 01:46 PM
Everyone,

I love to see Rog play well and I love to see him win. Normally when he plays well, he naturally wins.

I think that it is continually demanded that he continues to break/set records, there will be great trauma and disappointment eveytime t
09/12/2010 | 01:24 PM
Everybody, please don't give up. Go to this link and read Roger's PressCon.

Read his words - that 's the best way for us to understand and keep the faith :-

Yukimi
09/12/2010 | 01:14 PM
Dearest Mitz**Semis**Page 31

I was devastated to see Rog lose. On page 31 of *Semis*, you wrote that if Rog won, you would give your thoughts/theory on the "way" he played the match.

I know he sadly lost but could you kindly still do so, please? An
09/12/2010 | 02:37 AM
dearest champ for ALL TIME, ALL SEASONS, ALWAYS:

1) thank u for a wonderful 2 wks...

2) thank u for that remarkable TWEENER SHOT OF 2010 -- will make the year-end reel 2 yrs. in a row, like woohoo!!!

3) thank u for a thrilling win against R-SOD,
09/12/2010 | 02:11 AM
That was the place to play the best tennis (and also finals) but Roger played hi worst match of tournament. He seemed to have his best form and best play of this year.
First set was good but what came after that was totally weird. Looked like he started
09/12/2010 | 01:45 AM
Dear, dear Roger. First of all I want to say that I know all your fans are sad becaause of your loss but some of us knew from the very beginning that you were not entirely yourself. Of course we have no idea what the problem was but we watched the entire
09/12/2010 | 01:43 AM
09/12/2010 | 01:30 AM
actually, we should ALL be rootin' for JOKER to beat up on ANAL tomorrow, like really....

JOKER'S HUNGRY, LIKE HE SAID, POST-INTERVIEW THAT HE KNOWS THAT ANAL'S GOING FOR HIS COMPLETE SLAM, AND THE SIGNIFICANCE OF HIS WIN OVER ROGER TODAY....

so, he
09/12/2010 | 01:27 AM
We LOVE you Roger no matter what !!!!