Art of tennis

27.09.2010 | Tennis

Roger once again proved his passion for art and tennis - but not on a tennis court this time. All players qualified for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals to be held in London (November 21 to 28) have been asked to create a work of art by hitting tennis balls covered in paint onto a canvas.

"It was great fun being invited to create my self portrait and I'm excited to see how the finished piece looks," Roger said. "Raising money for charity is always a great thing so already I would like to thank people who will buy these pictures and it's going to be for a good cause. I'm happy I can help a bit. I am very happy as it is the ninth consecutive year I have qualified for the year-end event. I have played in a lot of different venues during my career and I can say they staged a fantastic event at The O2 last year. I look forward to returning there in November and finishing the season strong."

The artworks will be on display for the public before being auctioned for charity. Discover all the information on the "Art of Tennis" on the ATP website.

With kind permission by the ATP.

11/01/2010 | 04:41 AM
^_^
10/18/2010 | 03:03 PM
Muy bueno!!!, como todo lo que haces , eres n genio!!!!!
Gracias por toda la felicidad que das al tenis!!!
10/16/2010 | 10:25 PM
A Great Man !! dunnt even think of hin self and he portrait him self but even think that it would go for the people who really wanna it and the money ,, Ur the one roj
10/12/2010 | 01:03 AM
sandy89,

this is a far better (Q&A) article:

I do NOT like readin' anythin' bad about our idol RF since he's MORE GENUINE to me, in his little finger, than that STOMPIN' GORILLA PUT 2GE
10/11/2010 | 11:23 PM
Wow, that article's written by an ANTI-ROGER PERSON, that's 4 darn sure....

I agree w/ Roger that, when he's playin' at his best, HE'S VERY HARD TO BEAT, PERIOD!!!

However, I do NOT agree that he's boastin' or given to boastin' to boost up his confi
10/11/2010 | 10:45 PM
I'm fine, thanks for asking :D

Here, check this out,

Have a nice week you too. And thanks :D
10/11/2010 | 10:28 PM
oOh, I spoke too soon 'cuz Sandy89, u're already there at that other link, aka Shanghai post....

anyhoo, I'm sure glad that I don't have to depend on just ESPN showin' this match 'cuz they're also showin' it on TennisChannel which I specifically reques
10/11/2010 | 10:19 PM
tx 4 askin', Sandy89, I'm ok for manic Monday...HOW R U???

btw: there's new link for Shanghai: http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/rogers/news/newsdetail.cfm?uNC=61152771&uPage=7&uNewsID=1134

can't wait for Roger's match, hopefully tomorrow, since he got
10/11/2010 | 09:54 PM
"RF_4ever_goat"

How are you???

No need to thank me, I was just saying my opinion.
And Roger is gonna be great I'm pretty sure, he will make the one who thought that he really deserve the no 1, think again who he really is, I can't wait to see that
10/11/2010 | 08:28 PM
pravin_nair-->tx for that link to Shanghai's draw!!!

finally, that stompin' gorilla is facing a tougher draw than I think of our idol RF... Stan can beat him in the 1st (next) round 'cuz he's been playin' that stompin' gorilla tough the last couple of