Roger roars into semis

15.10.2010 | Tennis

Roger produced a great display in Shanghai today, overwhelming Robin Söderling 6-1, 6-1 to reach the Shanghai Masters semi-finals.

Söderling managed to score the first game and take a 1-0 lead - but lost a total of eleven games in series from that point on. Roger played well, but it was certainly not Söderling's day. In the end, Roger smashed four aces to call time in just 54 minutes.

Roger now faces a semi-final showdown with Novak Djokovic - a match that will decide on who will be placed second in the world ranking. Djokovic last won against Roger at the US Open a few weeks ago. The other semi-finalists are Juan Monaco and Andy Murray.

10/17/2010 | 02:19 PM
**RF_4ever_goat**P.25

Gah - DAMMIT - that bloody Wolfman beat Rog or shall I say Rog beat himself !!!

Ai - YAH !!

so painful for me to sit through that - I switched off the TV immediately after the handshake.

Well Rog will be back - Rog will
10/16/2010 | 10:45 PM
meanwhile, for those who do not know this one, just watch, smile and laugh about "Roger Federer loved by Arabic commentator" >>>

:))
10/16/2010 | 06:54 PM
sorry, YUKIMI, 'twas late over here in the West Coast, when I typed "BEAT-N-SEND..."

No one is as SILK-N-SLAMmin' as u, m'kaaay???

WILL U REALLY BE FLYIN' US ON A FEDERER TOUR BUS GUIDE TO USO OR GS?????? Woww, really???? I can always fantasize,
10/16/2010 | 05:55 PM
**RF_4ever_goat**

P.11 bottom - you used "beat-n-send" - that's clumsy & not cool.

I'll give my patent rights for "greet-n-beat'.

Much cooller and better - yes?

Now - Go get'em, Girl !

When I win the Lotto, I'll fly you, and Sandy and Mitz
10/16/2010 | 05:50 PM
Hi again ROGI !!!!

Actually I don't wanna stop commenting cuz of happiness and over excitement

I just checked the match stastics now on ATP website

It's very clear that you defeated Djoko mentally and tactically because most of percentages of b
10/16/2010 | 05:48 PM

Roger, It was fantastic to see you play with Djokovic : so precise and consistent. CONGRATS!! GET THE FINAL CHAMP!
10/16/2010 | 05:47 PM
Go get the trophy Champ. It's yours. Back to No.2
10/16/2010 | 05:37 PM
I just got up and missed Roger's match I guess it was earlier but I can always depend on the fans to show me what has happened. Fortunately the tennis channel will show the match again later on probably tonight. I am so relieved to see that Roger won agai
10/16/2010 | 05:34 PM
Soderling beaten 1-6 1-6 and then you took Nole. Oh, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes !!!!!

Now attack Murray. Don't stand and look at him - he's not that pretty. Take away his time. All-out attack.

Make the Tour fear you, again, maestro! This is an excel
10/16/2010 | 05:30 PM
**Rosaline**p.9 bottom

How very nice , but sorry about stupid Sky TV - have you noted all the useful Live Link supplied by the kind folk here?

Yukimi