Final in Basel!

06.11.2010 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger only needed 70 minutes to defeat Andy Roddick in Basel tonight, making a clear statement with a 6-2, 6-4 victory.

It was the first time after their memorable encounter in the Wimbledon final 2009 that Roger and Andy played each other today. Roger took a super quick lead, breaking Roddick when he first had the chance. He served 13 aces and was clearly the better player at the Swiss Indoors this time.

As Roger faces Novak Djokovic in Sunday's final, he has the opportunity to take revenge for the defeat against the Serb in last year's final, where Roger was deprived of a fourth title in his home town.

11/09/2010 | 11:04 PM
Big Congratulations, Roger! That was a terrific week of tennis. Lovely watching you win your hometown tournament for the 4th time… and to see (not surprisingly) how much it meant to you when you won was touching.

Glad you are feeling well and fired up for the end of the season. All the best and good luck in Paris (and later on in London)!

Yours Always, TGrace
11/09/2010 | 01:46 AM
Dear Roger:
Stupendous performance at Basel! Congratulations! keep focused and all the very best at Paris.
11/07/2010 | 07:07 PM
Dear Rogi,

Thanks, man! You're so thoughtful - I can read your posts and I'm glad!

I can report that poor RF_4ever_GOAT is trapped in LimboLand I think but he's working hard on getting in. He misses you all terribly.

I can Log IN normally but when I click Insert Comment, nothing happens.

Dear Andrea of WebTeam wrote back to tell me that they're working on it - that was a week ago and now I can't even SEE the Black Insert Comment Box sometimes!

Could you kindly copy this message of mine and post it onto the "Final in Basel" News Page as my way of saying hello everyone that Yukimi and RF_4ever_GOAT are alive and kicking and miss you all. Poor RF...GOAT is so desparate. I hope she gets in soon.

Thank you , dear Rogifriend. Thank you for helping. Finally, wasn't Roger just SO HOT last night?!? Well everyone, Roger's BACKKKKK !!! You can see it, can't you? Everyone , enjoy the Final tonight!

Yukimi :-)
11/07/2010 | 07:03 PM
Dear Rogi,

Thanks, man! You're so thoughtful - I can read your posts and I'm glad!

I can Log IN normally but when I click Insert Comment, nothing happens.

Yukimi :-)
11/07/2010 | 06:08 PM
Congraaaaats Roger
On to Paris .. hope u best luck :)
11/07/2010 | 06:05 PM
Congratulations Roger.
Great match, great victory.
You are my number one.
With love
Jana
11/07/2010 | 05:59 PM
Yes Roger wat a huge win, am really happy for u keep going and finish the year strong as u planned King of Tennis.
Congratulations Rog!!!
11/07/2010 | 05:18 PM
Roger won the final against Dojko in Basel !!!
What a glorious game... Superb, Roger !!!
The 3rd set was awsome...
We are so proud of you !
On to Paris ,, dear Champ, more glory is awaiting !
Bonne chance, Allez !!!
God bless you and guide you

Love you always
jenni
11/07/2010 | 05:15 PM
CONGRATULATION!! THE TROPHY IS YOURS!!YEHEYY!!
11/07/2010 | 05:14 PM
YEHHEYYY!!! YOU MADE IT ROG CONGRATULATION!! YOU WIN YOU WIN!!