Roger through to semis

25.11.2010 | Starseite 1, Tennis

Roger once again displayed great tennis today, defeating Robin Söderling 7-6(5), 6-3 and is the first player to book his spot in the semi-finals of the ATP World Tour Finals in London.

Söderling tried to dominate Roger with his serve today but the sheer class of our champ showed through. The first set was pretty close with Roger taking it 7-6(5) and it is at this point that he looked like he had put his foot down on the gas. The second set saw Roger get into his stride and play some of those lovely ground strokes that we love. He broke in the eighth game with a couple of classy points and completed his 15th victory in 16 encounters with Soderling in 88 minutes. Roger's variation of play and his serve were outstanding.

He will now play the player coming second in group A on Saturday.

11/29/2010 | 12:17 AM
Congratulation sweety I am so happy hope tone #1 next year :D
11/27/2010 | 11:32 PM
Fantastic match...an absolute joy to watch as usual. Keep it up tomorrow...

xx
11/27/2010 | 11:31 PM
Congrats Rog...! Just waitin' till tomorrow when I can once again enyoy and celebrate a great match, watching you this week makes me realize once again why I'm a big fan of you. Good luck tomorrow Champ
11/27/2010 | 11:13 PM
Congratulations Roger! Great win!
11/27/2010 | 11:13 PM
Hi GOAT,You did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back in the final of the ATP World tour....Congrats, I'm so happy for you......................................Please take the match of tomorrow just as this one and all the others this week. And just be yourself and play your game, please stay calm and don't let RN into your game and selfconfidence. good Luck and all the best!! Peter (cheering and rooting for you as always.)
11/27/2010 | 11:09 PM
I have just watched the best game this week well done Roger I hope you can do similar tomorrow Good Luck you are the best in the world we love you x
11/27/2010 | 11:09 PM
Dear Roger
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! You played a marvelous match!!! You did it dearest Roger. I knew you could have done it and I was right! You are the best tennis player ever seen, show it once again tomorrow!! It would be a magnificant win! I'm sure YOU CAN DO IT, JUST DO IT!!!!!!
I wish you all the best and good luck dearest Roger
Go, Roger, goooooooooooooo!
Love, Mimi
11/27/2010 | 11:03 PM
Hallo my friend Roger,
Incredible tennis! One of the highest level played here in London (beautiful town).
However the match Nadal-Murray was most semifinal, most adventure, most spectacular.
I think you are able to take the title. You deserve it with this kind of playing.
COME ON !!! Great, great CHAMPION !!!
11/27/2010 | 11:02 PM
CONGRATS ROOOOOOGGGGGIIIIIII !!!!!!!!
11/27/2010 | 11:02 PM
What a magnificent display of tennis !!!
Roger, you are the King, our unrivaled champion...
You didn't drop a set throughout this tourney,what an accomplishment !
We are so happy for you and so proud of you
You're the best...the trophy is yours ...
May the Gods bless you and guide you to victory !!!
Du fond du coeur