Title number 67!

08.01.2011 | Tennis, Starseite 3

Roger made a perfect start into the 2011 season by beating Nikolay Davydenko 6-3, 6-4 in the final of the Qatar Open.

"It does feel great," Roger said to winning his 67th career title. "I can't believe the season is under way and I'm already on the board with a title."

Roger raced to a 3-0 lead and saw another half dozen break-points before he took the first set with ease. The second set proved a tighter affair but Roger took advantage of the first break point that came his way at 4-4 and served out the match. Once again, he did not allow his opponent a single break. It is his third title in Doha after 2005 and 2006.

Our champ will now head to Melbourne for the Australian Open which starts on January 17 - perhaps the perfect date to start his quest for Grand Slam title number 17!

02/14/2011 | 12:31 PM
Bad luck in the Aus Open Rog but Novak played a very good match. I thought you played overall a good tournament and I think your new game that you have worked on with Anacone will allow for better performances to come.

Keep working hard and stay fit and healthy and I look forward to see you in action soon. Take care and win that 17th grand slam title. I know you can do it Rog :)
02/07/2011 | 04:54 PM
Hi Roger
You played unbelievably well in Melbourne,it was a treat watching you. I am so sorry that Novak won in the semifinals,it should have been you and in the final you would have had an easy time beating Murray.
I can't wait to see you play again. Good luck!
Fondest regards to you and your family.
Silvia
01/26/2011 | 04:32 PM
go roger! Congratulations go ahead by the triumphs ...
01/24/2011 | 06:42 PM
roger, this is absolutely fantastic, what a great start to the tennis year. I love to see you win! keep it up, you're an amazing player, now concentrate on winning the australian open:)
01/22/2011 | 02:33 AM
Hello, Roger, an dcongratulations for another record! It is not surprising in the least, and I know you shall/will garner more records.....and even bigger than this. Great good luck and Godspeed against Robredo, as these are always an advantage, on top of your phenomenal talent. Your play makes hearts soar: you are really a One-Off, as I said before. No one like you, ever. Always hold on to your belief in yourself: that is why you have this talent!
01/15/2011 | 07:38 PM
congratulation champion you are the best!!!!!!!!!!
01/14/2011 | 08:44 PM
Congrats Roger,
you are deserved to win this tournament ~ wish U all the best for the upcoming tournaments XD Blessing U all the time ~~
Take care ~
Iris
01/14/2011 | 12:49 AM
This is it, just perfect, you will defend your title at the australian open 2011, it just feels so good to see you perform so well, Title 67, wow congratulations. Come on Champ win your 17th Major !!! best of luck, and I as all other fans will cheer for you all the way !!!
01/13/2011 | 11:27 PM
Congratulations Roger.
Let the other Grand Slam.
Go Roger! Go!
Good luck Roger!!!
01/13/2011 | 10:59 AM
Congratulations and Good Luck in Melbourne!