Roger reaches quarters

30.03.2011 | Starseite 1, Tennis

Roger easily defeated Olivier Rochus in straight sets 6-3, 6-1 to reach the quarter-finals of the Miami Masters.

An almost never-ending match between Maria Sharapowa and Alexandra Dulgheru pushed the start of Roger's match into early Wednesday morning. Our champ finally wrapped up his victory at 1:29 a.m. as it took him just 52 minutes to win this match thanks to scoring 88% of the points on his first serve. He already secured his first break after 11 minutes and bagged the first set after 26 minutes. In the end, he had 32 winners, losing only five points on his own serve.

Roger's opponent in Thursday's quarter-final will be France's Gilles Simon.

03/31/2011 | 11:47 PM
HANUKA62 if Berdych win it will be very good news, but he dosen't have chances. Night match, slower court, and Berdych don't play nothing special.
03/31/2011 | 10:33 PM
Hi Honey!!
It's a pity that Simon has been retired when you were playing a wonderful tennis, but it means that you are in SF and this is great.
Please MARCO87 and PETIKE don't kill Berdych so quickly. I am spanish but i prefer Berdych in SF so far.
03/31/2011 | 10:28 PM
Hello My Sun Bello, what a shame not to see you play longer, but the important thing is that these semi, all success to the next, vamosssssss Roooooooooo. I love you, kisses to the family. Rosi Argentina.
03/31/2011 | 10:09 PM
I'm happy too! :] I don't like when someone must to retired but when that someone playing Roger it is ok :] Maybe little ugly from my side but i just want to Roger win. Next Nadal.. You have time to rest and do your stuff and Roger please please please please please beat him and go to final. Wish you best. Good luck Fedi!
03/31/2011 | 10:03 PM
Dear Roger
I'm happy for you, but I'm sure you are not happy because Simon retired. But you had 3:0, I congratulate you, you were moving well and had some beautiful shots. In only 7 minutes! Nevertheless, it's not your fault that he retired. You showed how well prepared you were!
I hope you'll have a good rest and continue winning till the end!!!
I wish you all the best and good luck dearest Roger
Love, Mimi
03/31/2011 | 10:03 PM
Strange,
I have just turn on TV, how Federer is doing with Simon, and Simon just retired.
It's a pity.

Never mind.
Good luck against Nadal :) .
03/31/2011 | 10:02 PM
Great Roger!!! You are in Semifinal!!!! All, all the best tomorrow!!! Of course you can do it! And you will do it!!! Good luck Champ..we´ll be fighting with you as always!!!
03/31/2011 | 09:32 PM
Congratulations on your win against Rochus!!! It was a teriffic match and your stats were really good!!! Best of luck in your next match........hope you'll be firing on all cylinders!!!
GO ROGER!!!
03/31/2011 | 08:46 PM
Bonne Chance, Roger !!!
Vas-y ! demolis Simon !
Tu es bien mieux que lui !
03/31/2011 | 08:12 PM
you can do it, good luck