Monte Carlo: the draw

11.04.2011 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger is playing the 1000-Masters in Monte Carlo this week, opening this year's clay season. He will meet Philipp Kohlschreiber (ATP 34) after a first round bye. Roger has won all five matches against the German so far.

Roger, the number 2 seed, could face Austria's Jürgen Melzer (ATP 9) in the quarter-final. A meeting with Spain's David Ferrer (ATP 6) is possible in the semis before the defending champion Rafael Nadal could be up in the final.

After Roger had skipped the tournament last year, he is looking foward to an early start on clay and a great week. In 2009, he was defeated in the round of sixteen by Stanislas Wawrinka, just a few days after Roger's wedding.

04/12/2011 | 02:40 PM
You looked good out there today, Roger. Kohli didn'tstand a chance against you.
Good luck in the next round.
04/12/2011 | 02:35 PM
Way to go Roger. Great match today. I'm really looking forward to see how you are doing for the rest of the season.
04/12/2011 | 02:26 PM
Congratulations FED, well played Keep it up..
04/12/2011 | 02:21 PM
Hey Roger, congratulations on your win against Philipp K., keep it up. Good luck to your next matches ahead.
04/12/2011 | 02:14 PM
GOOOO! Can't wait to watch the replay after work tonight!! GOOOO!
04/12/2011 | 01:59 PM
Dear Roger
Congratulations!!! Unfortunately I am working so I didn't have access even to livescores!!! Now, I'm back and see the majestic result! I can imagine that it was not that easy, because your opponent is a tough one! Anyhow, according to the result you seem to be in a good form! I'm so happy, thank you for that.
Wish you all the best and good luck dearest Roger
Go, Roger, goooooooo!
Love, Mimi
04/12/2011 | 01:50 PM
Bravo, Roger! You made it all look easy, even though it takes a lot to play the way you do. You were in control, and I think this match gave you a taste for winning others, for sure. You do that anyway. The way you pace yourself is always wonderful to see, and it is important. Everybody is happy to see you on the court: they know you are an inimitable player, with brilliance and genius. Good luck ongoing, and Godspeed. You are justified in believing in yourself!
04/12/2011 | 01:48 PM
Bravo Maestro!
Be confident!
You Are The Best!
Happy anniversary to Mirka and You!
04/12/2011 | 01:37 PM
El color azul, como el eterno mar que enmarca el torneo....la mirada profunda concentrada en la pelota....los movimientos que suaves se ven al ser determinantes.....la autoridad plasmada en la cancha, solo del MAESTRO!!
La cara del alemán al saludar al final del partido, diciendo contigo nada más no puedo, juegas impresionante Roger.
Gracias Roger...gracias por tan deleitante despertar ésta mañana, ahora sí que venga el día con ánimo!! Dios te bendiga siempre MAESTRO!
04/12/2011 | 01:36 PM
Fantastic start, 6.2, 6.1. You could not have done better! I was willing you to win in an hour and you did it in less. I will have to try that again! Have a good rest and keep positive. I will look forward to you winning the next game!