Roger out in quarters

15.04.2011 | Tennis, Starseite 2

Roger dropped out of the Monte Carlo Masters after a 4-6, 4-6 defeat against Jürgen Melzer (ATP 9) in the quarter-finals today.

“He did well and played aggressive. He didn't give me many chances,” Roger said. “I didn't think I played terrible. It's the first week of play [on clay] so I didn't expect to play my best. It's been a solid tournament.”

Melzer had to be treated due to back problems after the first game. But he came out strong, pushing Roger into defense again and again, causing our champ to make a total of 24 unforced errors throughout the one hour 44 minute contest, not being able to convert any of the 7 break-points. The Austrian, in turn, took his two break point opportunities with gusto.

Roger will get back onto court in the beginning of May in Spain, where he will participate in the Mutua Madrileña Masters.

10/14/2011 | 03:40 PM
Try your best and you will be back in the winner's circle.
04/28/2011 | 09:35 PM
Roger, you will win again and be back in the winner's circle ... they have changed their way of playing and guess you will have to watch the matches and see what you have to do .... change ... you can still win majors.... a huge American fan of yours ... do not let us down and you will not. my favorite player of all times.

love, Carole
04/28/2011 | 08:56 PM
Hi Roger! I was at the Monte Carlo tournament and thought you played so well in your first 2 rounds against Kohlschriber and Ciljic. You looked so confident and very smooth on the court. I tried to send you a message during the tournament but I couldn't get logged in as a fan(I think some others were having the same trouble). Anyway, it was wonderful to watch you play live again. I'm sorry that it wasn't your day against Meltzer. I was surprised that he did so well against you, but, on to Madrid
04/27/2011 | 05:05 PM
Rog you rule...
Every time you lose a match, I remain upset until the next tournament.
God don't let me upset again and have roger win every match he plays.
Good luck champ..
04/27/2011 | 08:35 AM
ok it would be preferable you win. but it is ok as you did your best and hope you stay strong and healthy

love and support always...
04/26/2011 | 07:28 PM
Hello, Just focus on playing agressive tennis, do not loose confidense you still have the best timing an the best coordination. Just focus on hitting the ball before it starts to fall. Good luck in Madrid, hope you make it to the final.
04/26/2011 | 04:02 AM
Looking forward to the Madrid tournament next week. All the best, Roger.
04/25/2011 | 12:01 AM
Again I say if you do not correct your basic errors you will drop further down the rankings
1 your straddling your forehand.
2 your propensity of hitting the ball back to your opponent
3 your weak backhand blocking shots
4 your body language

By the way I believe Melzer cheated with a feigned injury, there was nothing wrong with him. He has just followed other players who Have done the same knowing that you become unsettled.

Get with Roger or retire before you are humiliated further.
Y
04/23/2011 | 05:55 PM
let me down again and again
04/21/2011 | 03:27 AM
mate dont get down about that loss, dont read the hurtful things they write about your game these days. just do what you need to do to get back on top. good luck for the rest of the season