Madrid: the draw

02.05.2011 | Tennis

This week, Roger is playing the 1000-Masters in Madrid. He is in the same half of the draw as Rafael Nadal, winner of his last 34 matches on clay.

Roger, the number 3 seed, could meet Robin Söderling (ATP 5) in a possible quarter-final. Both players were the last to beat Rafael Nadal on clay - Söderling at Roland Garros in 2009 and our champ in Madrid two years ago.

As the winner of the tournament in 2006 and 2009, Roger has a bye into the second round, where he will either face Milos Raonic (ATP 27) or Feliciano Lopez (ATP 37). In the third round a duel with Spain's Fernando Verdasco (ATP 15) could be possible.

05/10/2011 | 01:26 AM
Hello Roger,

Congratulations on your semi final finish. Great that you won the first set against Rafa. Just one more set and you have him.

Good luck in Rome.

dyuki
05/09/2011 | 04:29 PM
hi...roger,i begging u this week to win in italy and as well as the rolland garros next month...proved to the world that u can reach the no.1 spot again next month by winning the italy open and rolland garros,proud us by defeating novak and nadal...may god bless u roger...we owez support u here in malaysia...
05/09/2011 | 02:42 PM
Dear Roger

This is it!! A good fight from u regardless whether u win or not!! I'm looking forward to more good stuff from u!!

Cheers
Your Fan from Singapore
Kenny=P
05/07/2011 | 07:21 PM
Roooooogeeeer!!!! What a a match! I am elated the way you played Nadal! Yes, you lost...but, hey, what a lesson in Tennis you gave him!!!!! I don't really know what happened in that game in the second set that you were upset about, regardless, my goodness YOU PLAYED MASTERFULLY!!! And Nadal knows it...thanks for an exciting Saturday morning!!! On to do my errands now...
05/06/2011 | 09:15 PM
Dear Roger! Congratulation. Thank You for a beatifully mutch with Soderling. Wish You victory in the mutch with Nadal. You are the best.
05/06/2011 | 03:42 AM
All I can say is thank you for fighting so hard and winning. I was so happy. He had nothing to lose as they all do when playing you.
Continue to fight hard in all the remaining matches, until the last point. You are the best. Good luck and God bless you.
Love you always,
marie in mtl
05/06/2011 | 02:08 AM
Dear Roger
you will meet Soderling
that means you are in quarter-final already
go, go, go

best of luck to you
05/05/2011 | 08:09 PM
Come on Roger!

Show us all why you're the best tennis player ever.
We will always support you.

Good luck!
05/05/2011 | 06:15 PM
I enjoyed todays match Roger,I thought you upped your game and played well.
Good luck in the next one O Great One.Kick ass.x
05/05/2011 | 06:26 AM
Good luck against Malisse tomorrow come on Roger!!!