Roger defeated in round three

12.05.2011 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger has dropped out of the Rome Masters in round three, losing 6-4, 6-7(2), 6-7(4) to Richard Gasquet. Our champ made a number of uncharacteristic errors against his French opponent, who he had beaten in their previous eight meetings.

"I should never have lost this match," said Roger. "He knows how close he came to losing. I had multiple chances but I couldn't make the difference. I thought I was playing well but he served better toward the end and hung in there. I didn't feel I could break and it's no fun to play like that".

Roger started into the match well and broke Gasquet in the seventh game of the first set before serving it out. In the second set he already had a 4-2 lead when Gasquet fought his way back into the match and even taking the tiebreak. The third set also had to be decided in a tiebreak where Roger just committed too many errors in the end.

Up next is the second Grand Slam tournament of the year: Roland Garros. "I'm looking forward to a few days to stay mentally and physically fresh and practice very hard" said Roger.

05/23/2011 | 07:04 AM
I love the blue shirt Roger wore for the past I think 3 tournaments. It looks great... we need to see that confident Roger on the courts again. You have the game but just get that confidence back.... go on the courts like you used to believing that no one can beat you. Having said all that I still think you are the greatest sportman. Win or loose you're the best and now with that fabulous family you have.... what more can a man ask for? All the best for the French open.
05/21/2011 | 10:37 PM
pollerer,
I do not know about nadal is the king of clay. There is no such things, media is trying to get this thing in our Head.

If fed get his mental where it supposes to be and keep doing what he is doing. Players lke djoko and Nadal will look like ordinary players.

my name is flat return, I know about this game
05/21/2011 | 07:55 PM
Hi everyone!

COME ON ROGER!!! Hey! it is true you are the greatest! it is true Novak is playing the season of his life, It is true you are oldest in the Top Ten, It is true Nadal is King of Clay.

BUT you are the ONE and ONLY Roger Federer! Get into the French courts Hungry for Title! Go and use your experience! Mentally NO ONE gets OLD. please remember it. You still strong and young for many TITLES incluging GS.

Wake UP, and never get a match lose, a point.

BEST FOR ALL

Pollerer
05/21/2011 | 07:50 PM
smash nadal,djoko! that,all I really really want you to get this title and
beating two guys. you are a champion ever never seen,,,,,,,,from your huge fan
05/21/2011 | 07:43 PM
time to update the site to discuss the RG draw please
05/21/2011 | 07:28 PM
Tu eres un ganador... tu sabes lo que tienes que hacer...!!!
05/21/2011 | 07:08 PM
GOOD LUCK ROGER - STAR OF STARS. GREATEST OF GREAT
05/21/2011 | 04:37 PM
bUENA SUERTE.
ESPERO QUE ESTÉS INSPIRADO Y NOS MUESTRES TU MARAVILLOSO TENIS.
RECUERDA A AGASSI , CUANDO JUGABA CONTRA TÍ, TENÍA MÁS AÑOS QUE TÚ EN ESTE MOMENTO, Y FUERON PARTIDOS MEMORABLES, DONDE AMBOS DIERON LO MEJOR, TU MAS JOVEN PERO ÉL CON 33 AÑOS QUIZÁS ,
EL SEGUIA CONCENTRADO, CON GANAS DE GANAR, TU ERES MEJOR QUE AGASSI.
TU LO SABES , Y NOSOTROS TAMBIEN.
VE Y HAZ UN GRAN TORNEO
05/21/2011 | 03:57 PM
All the best for RG, Roger. You've got the goods to get it all!

It's nice that you're not in the spotlight now. You can leave that to Djokovic and Nadal - they both have a lot to live up to.

This number 1 fan believes in you and your abilities. It will be a joy to watch you play. God Bless you and keep you safe at RG.

DorothyB
05/21/2011 | 03:21 PM
GOOD LUCK.
I HOPE THAT YOU ARE INSPIRED AND WE SHOW THIS GREAT TENNIS.
Agassi REMINDS WHEN PLAYED AGAINST YOU, YOU HAD MORE THAN YEARS AT THIS MOMENT, AND THEY WERE MEMORABLE MATCHES WHERE BOTH GAVE U.S. THE BEST, BUT YOUNGER YOU WITH 33 YEARS HE MAY,
He was still concentrated with desire to win, you're better than Agassi.
YOU KNOW, AND WE ALSO.