Next up: Tsonga in quarters

27.06.2011 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger had to drop a set against Mikhail Youzhni today before eventually celebrated a strong 6-7(5), 6-3, 6-3, 6-3 victory.

Both players served well in the opening set, taking it into a tie-breaker. Roger jumped to a 4-1 lead - only to just enter a short sloppy phase and eventually drop the set by losing the tie-break 5-7.
He found his rhythm better and better, managing to break Youzhni twice in the second set. He then continued dictating the game and finally sealed the victory to reach his 29th consecutive grand slam quarter-final!

Roger will now play Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (ATP 19) of France on Wednesday.

08/08/2011 | 10:15 PM
go Roger and come on Roger ,,, really you are the best and the Genius of yellow ball world so sure you will be winner in Canada ,,,,,
08/08/2011 | 10:15 PM
07/01/2011 | 05:34 PM
Roger! No matter how and when you finish your career, I doubt that I will see a better player (with better overall results) in my life than you are (though I hope I have at least 40 years left :-) Hope I am not right, but for me it seems that you have lost your motivation. You still like tennis, will always be amongst the top players, but your family is much more important than any trophy. Of course it is understandable, just we, fans, are disappointed to see you loosing in quarter final...
06/29/2011 | 09:12 PM
Dear Roger, Please
Take care of your fitness because you always get tired at the end of the game.
06/29/2011 | 07:18 PM
#BOOTING#
Agree...WTF... I am more disappointed than he is....
06/29/2011 | 06:46 PM
After all Federer is not disappointed that much as the fans are !!
Just read his intervieuw in which he said that he plaid well but Tsonga was
incredible and there is nothing wrong with his health.
06/29/2011 | 06:39 PM
But I hope Novak wins against Tsonga. At least we can make sure we have a new No.1.
06/29/2011 | 06:39 PM
YEAH !! I HOPE !! :)
06/29/2011 | 06:36 PM
@The_best_Abood
Yes, I also do not want to see him lose,
I also cry for him after his lost,
But I still prefer to look in a more optimistic way,
Hoping that he can correct his mistake ^^
06/29/2011 | 06:35 PM
BOTING: Really! I will be more than happy to see Tsonga win Wimbledon. Let's wait and see.