Roger stunned by Tsonga

29.06.2011 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger was upset by Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the quarterfinals in Wimbledon today: 6-3, 7-6(3), 4-6, 4-6, 4-6.

“I think my game was plenty good enough this year to win the tournament, but unfortunately there’s only one who can win it, and the rest go home empty-handed,” Roger said. “That’s what happened to me today, but Jo played an amazing match.”

Roger started well, converting a break point in Tsonga's first service game and held the lead to take the set. He held in the second which he finally won in the tie-break.
But Tsonga broke our champ in the third set and went on to do so in sets four and five - to eventually end Roger's quest for a seventh Wimbledon crown.

08/18/2011 | 02:55 AM
I do not understand the criticism of Roger regarding his match with Tsonga. He served 17 aces against one double fault. Roger won 146 points to Jo's 136 and his percentage of points won returning serve was also better. It seems that he did not win the big points but it does not mean that he played badly. roger is not finished yet.
07/28/2011 | 05:11 AM
acually , i have feeling which says , roger winn the winner of us open , so we have to support him in whose match.
07/15/2011 | 02:11 AM
(I ran out of room in my first posting.) I may have sounded a little harsh but I wanted to also say that I still route for you every time and I still think you're the best champ tennis has ever had! Good luck with your upcoming matches.
07/15/2011 | 02:04 AM
I'm a big fan and I hate to see you lose, but I'm sorry, I don't think you were playing that good against Tsonga. Great first two sets but you seemed to lose all your steam in the 3rd, 4th and 5th sets. There's no question that Tsonga was on fire, but I agree with the commentators, you lost that match because you didn't raise your level of play to adjust to his fierce comeback. Your game went flat and you looked lost and completely out of it - almost as if you didn't care.
07/10/2011 | 05:15 AM
great article: http://www.bakersfield.com/news/columnist/benham/x481155582/HERB-BENHAM-Nothing-but-love-for-Roger-Federer

WORDS 2 LIVE BY: "No excuses, no complaining and no parsing. Tennis is a great game, but it is a game and putting it in perspective makes it, and Federer himself, even more endearing. Federer is not only an ambassador for tennis, but one for aging gracefully. A winner when he does not win. A champion fit to inspire those who follow."

Our champ's a GREAT model~!
07/09/2011 | 04:51 PM
we always love u roger..u r god to us
07/09/2011 | 07:04 AM
Hi GAYALBATROSS (post 7/07/11 7:59 am) U lost me. I'm confussed...what r u talking about? Would u rather Roger looked like a bum? ....
07/09/2011 | 05:02 AM
Regardless of my huge love for Roger .. But I envy him for all these wonderful fans I am happy to be one of you .. you're a really good fan's
WITH ALL MY RESPECT .. FANATIC OF ROGER FEDERER
LOVE YOU AND SUPPORT YOU FOREVER MAESTRO
07/08/2011 | 10:24 AM
#FEDELEGANT#
Great article, thank you for posting here. I just want to know if my friend #Babboo# reads this, this is probably the answer of his repeatable question"Is Roger the best player of all time...bla, bla..?". For me he is, the reason that I am sad it is because he can show this with results not only with his wonderful tennis. "First it was tennis, then was Federer"...I like that.
07/08/2011 | 10:03 AM
#VERONICAV#
Da..si eu ma bucur ca sunt romani.