Roger in quarters

19.08.2011 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger celebrated a an easy win over James Blake in Cincinnati, defeating the American 6-4, 6-1.

Our champ was off to a blistering start in the opening set, breaking Blake in the first game of the match and only giving away a mere three points on his own serve during the rest of the set. Roger dropped his serve in the second game of the second set, but rocketed on as he converted four consecutive break points from there, finishing the second set 6-1.

Roger improved his career record against Blake to 10-1 after just 54 minutes on court. Next up is Czech Tomas Berdych.

08/21/2011 | 06:12 AM
Congrates for winning this match but...
08/20/2011 | 05:33 AM
i believe.. u can take back w.1 next year... because u don't have to defend many trophy this year.. hope u can win us open and atp final, basel
08/20/2011 | 12:48 AM
The first three comments are in the reverse order may be that appears odd. But all I’m saying is let Roger gracefully withdraw from the sport rather than stay longer and give chance after chance for lowly players to beat him like a nobody.
08/20/2011 | 12:38 AM
Bensalah...I think you can tell that in face, you are his countryman, as a refer to your comment I can tell that: good point, but I can not understand what are you saying.:))
08/20/2011 | 12:34 AM
Guys please don't get me wrong, I’m not intending to hurt his morale in anyway, far from it, but equally I don’t want Roger stay longer in the circuit and be defeated by just someone with a racket. His defeat hurts me more than his early retirement. I believe he should exit gracefully for the sake of his unparalleled image.
08/20/2011 | 12:23 AM
how are we asking roger to have a spirit and we give down on him every each defeat
come on guys, fans always think positive to boost a high spirit environment.
08/20/2011 | 12:22 AM
value it dearly for Roger didn’t have it. This isn’t athletics or gymnastics and each sport is unique in what it values best. As to me the US Open 2011 should be the farewell event. The absence of your majestic play from circuit and the shockwave it creates is more than any Grand Slam. You stop it and let’s see what the other tennis players are up to and that would show who Roger is.
08/20/2011 | 12:21 AM
circuit unable to hit a ball properly. Your presence makes the ATP series hot but if you couldn’t win a tournament after several outings, I would say you’re absence and the subsequent lack of beauty and flare from the circuit does better to your stature than to stay long and be subjected to defeat after defeat. Some would like to see you win an Olympic gold, but does it make any difference to a legend like Roger, I don’t think so. After all what is an Olympic gold in tennis unless some valu
08/20/2011 | 12:20 AM
Roger, I think that’s enough, it is time to say time is up. You are a TENNIS LEGEND not somebody with a tennis racket at 100th, 200th, 400th, 500th, 1000th etc. in the rankings. By conceding a series of defeats at the hands of lowly competitors, I’d say you’re denting the enduring image you formed over the decade. Everyone recognizes that you still play wonderful tennis; sure, otherwise you wouldn’t have had those glorious records in the first place. And you shouldn’t be withdrawn from
08/20/2011 | 12:13 AM
If nobody doesn't write in few minuites, I will go to bed and I will cry until I will see Federer's interview, and, then, I will cry again.