Roger flies into quarters

06.09.2011 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger has reached the quarter finals at the US Open thanks to a brilliant 6-1, 6-2, 6-0 victory over Argentina's Juan Monaco. The match began just before midnight but ended before an approaching storm drenched Flushing Meadows. Once he finally started playing, Roger didn't take long to win. He needed only 82 minutes, including 14 aces to win the match at 1:15 a.m. on Tuesday. He had 42 winners and 21 unforced errors and never faced a break point.

“Waiting so long, it’s very important to get off to a great start,” Roger said in an interview after the match. “I really tried to play aggressive and it all worked out until the very end. I never had to change my game plan."

Roger also had sympathy for his opponent: "It's tough for Juan. I've been in that position before when I lost badly on this court to Andre Agassi, so I know what it feels like," he added. "Sometimes it's just not your day, but it was mine tonight and it feels great."

Our champ will next face Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in a rematch of their Wimbledon quarter-final, which the Frenchman won.

09/10/2011 | 06:13 PM
Roger this is it. The match will soon be underway. You have to shot Djoko's loud mouth up again today by beating him in the semis. Rmb this is your slam to lose. It's a must win for you. All my love and support from your no 1 fan. Let's go! Comeon!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I will be cheering for you since I am at Arthur Ashe Stadium to watch you play today live. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/09/2011 | 10:39 AM
Quatrième étape ... Terminé!

Go Go Go Roger!
09/09/2011 | 07:57 AM
wwwoooooooowwwwwwwww!!!wat a match king!!!!2 more to go!!!!FEDEX is back!!
thank u roger for wonderful tennis!!!!all the best!!!1
09/09/2011 | 07:26 AM
The old federer is back .. no one can say anything even if u lost , but i'm sure that u will win enshallah :D gooooooooooooooooooooooooo best ever :D
09/09/2011 | 07:25 AM
Wonderful news this morning =) ! I am truly happy for You and happy with You, great confidence and belief in yourself, keep the spirit up and remember that "attitude determines the altitude", looking forward to your next match =) !
09/09/2011 | 07:00 AM
great game ! Roger . looking forward to another dominant win over Djoko in next round . Keep the fire going
09/09/2011 | 06:58 AM
Dear Roger!!! Yes, Yes and Yes!!!! The maych against Tsonga was brilliant. I'm so happy now!!! And I wish you good luck in semi final against Djokovic. You are the best Roger and see you in final US OPEN. Bye-Bye Roger!!!
09/09/2011 | 06:29 AM
Dear Roger
Congratulations! You did it! Bravo! Continue like that, please!
Good luck!
Go, Roger, goooooooooooo!
Love, Mimi
09/09/2011 | 06:06 AM
CONGRATSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you Roger.....that was truly a brilliant match! :D Yayyyy!!!! :D All the best against Djokovic....I'm sure you can do it!!! All the best champ!! :)
09/09/2011 | 06:04 AM
Hey Champ, terrific win against a tough opponent. You're playing focused and something tells me you're gonna take down Djoko again. Since you don't have final the following day, you can relax and play your game in the SF. I'm pretty sure with the same level of focus, you can lift this trophy (even if you have to face Nadal in the final). Go Roger!