Semis against Djokovic

09.09.2011 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger reached his eighth consecutive US Open semi-final by beating Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-4, 6-3, 6-3 last night in a match delayed about 90 minutes by rain in the first set. He will now meet world number one, Novak Djokovic, in Saturday's semi-final.

Roger's main two weapons in the night session were his serve (72 percent of first serves in) and his game at the net. "I played great," he said. "I'm very happy with the way I'm playing, the way I'm moving and I'm enjoying myself on the court."
Roger showed a terrific match, even thoug at 2-2 in the third set, Tsonga got a chance to break. But Roger saved that when Tsonga sent a lob wide. From there, Roger was at his best, broking in the next-to-last game when Tsonga double-faulted.

Now our champ faces top-seeded Novak Djokovic in the US Open semi-finals, the fourth straight year they will face off in New York. Roger holds a 3-1 edge. In their most recent head-to-head meeting, in this year's French Open semi-finals, Roger ended Djokovic's 43-match winning streak.

09/13/2011 | 12:33 PM
Thank you for year's of pleasure watching you play. Your graceful style and perfect manners make watching tennis such a treat. I am hoping we will see you here in Australia again in 2012. The modern game is such a power performance I will be very sad when all I have to watch is young Djokavich, your matches with Rapha are memories to sustain me
09/11/2011 | 11:54 AM
***dear ADI1008**

Federer is not it able anymore to compete with Nadal,Djokovic and all other
top ten players because of his several lapses during matches which cost
him dearly. So all those disappointments will do accept him to go .
09/11/2011 | 01:20 AM
As a headline: "Third Year Of NY Heartbreak For Federer "!!
09/11/2011 | 01:16 AM
@BOTING:
“I will be extremely hungry going to Australia next year,” declared Federer. “It's clear and obvious, and I know if I keep on working hard now that I'm feeling so good right now it will all pay off. I know it. I haven't felt like this in a long time, so this is a good time.”
09/11/2011 | 01:04 AM
I lived enough to see that....I will not be able to sleep for a long period.
09/11/2011 | 01:00 AM
I've just seen Federer's interview, he seems to me that he barely holds himself, but he is so elegant to answer to the questions, he is too upset, frustrated...
09/11/2011 | 12:30 AM
How do you know he will retire? If you were Federer what would you do? In may point of view, he should fight because is definitely the most talented .
09/11/2011 | 12:29 AM
ADI1008 totally agree with you.

@BOTING Do you really think by saying it over and over again it will eventually happen? You've been saying the same thing as long as I've been on this site. I'd Roger retires tennis will be exactly like the Murray nadal match at the moment ie unbearably BORING!!
09/11/2011 | 12:23 AM
ADI1008

IT WILL BE ALWAYS HIS DECISION BUT IT WILL BE SOONER THAN EXPECTED
BECAUSE THOSE LOSES WILL NOT GIVE HIM MUCH CONFIDENCE
THE WAY HOW TENNIS IS BEING PLAID TODAY IS DIFFERENT THAN 3 YEARS
AGO RACKETS ARE CHANGED AND THE HARD HITTERS ARE RULING NOW
THESE DAYS NOT THE TENNIS ARTISTS
09/11/2011 | 12:21 AM
BOTING...for you is LOGIC?!!! if you say that is LOGIC, then we are a world full of critics and omniscients.