Switzerland - Spain in the first round

29.09.2006 | Tennis

Switzerland will take on Spain in the Davis Cup World Group first round next year.

The draw for the opening salvoes in next year's team competition set the scene for an early showdown between Roger and Rafael Nadal, should they decide to compete together with their country’s teams.

The tie will be held in Switzerland which means that our team can choose the surface and almost certainly will choose anything other than clay on which the Spaniards excel. The encounter will be held on February 09 to 11.

10/30/2006 | 08:39 PM
I hope to go and watch the Davis cup in February 07....Good Luck to Roger and the Swiss team
10/24/2006 | 07:36 PM
choose grass n spain wont wont even make the effort of flying because everyone knows wat the result is gonna be
10/19/2006 | 12:02 PM
Go Roger please play in the davis cup and lead Switzerland to victory over spain and the rest of the world.
From Harland
10/18/2006 | 04:48 PM
go roger! you win everything! why the davis cup not?! :p still a record! <3<3<3<3 go rog!! you will win against nadal! there I am certainly of!!
10/02/2006 | 02:52 AM
as important as davis cup is, you obviously need no reminding that the slams & your atp ranking comes first, so best of luck from all of us in canada!
10/01/2006 | 11:38 PM
I couldn't believe it when I heard that Switzerland would play against Spain! Of course the big question will be if Roger and Rafael will play for their countries, but both players will have to decide what will be the right preparation for the tournaments
10/01/2006 | 09:43 PM
Dear Roger,

Love to see you play for Swiss and face Nadar; I believe you will prevail.

Speaking of Nadar, well, he is good; but don't forget you are great! I felt you had had too much respect for him in the past. C'mon, just treat him like Andy Ljub
10/01/2006 | 06:46 AM
Of course I'll choose ot support your team, Roger!!!!!
It's interesting to see you and Nadal face to face fighting for DC, for your countries. It's an unexpectable match. I'm glad to know that your team have won the chance to choose surface. I really rea
10/01/2006 | 04:38 AM
This year Roger didn' t play Davis Cup in Febrary because he wanted to rest for the Australian Open so I don' t think Roger will play in the first round the next year. But, if Rafa is playing he can be a motivation to Roger. So, I'll be waiting.

Anyway
10/01/2006 | 01:14 AM
IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL IF SWITZERLAND WOULD CHOOSE CLAY. BY THEN ROGIE WOULD BE READY FOR HIS FIRST ROLAND GARROS TITLE!!!!
MARIO REYES-COLOMBIA