Roger wins History Award

02.11.2011 | Off Court, Starseite 1

Roger won the award for best player in the history of the Swiss Indoors in Basel, followed by Novak Djokovic.

Our champion received 78% of the votes and was handed over the trophy by tournament director Roger Brennwald.

Roger is the most successful player at the Swiss Indoors with four tournament victories so far, followed by Sweden's Stefan Edberg who won the tournament three times in Basel.

The rankings:

11. Lendl (112)
11. Nastase (112)
13. Wilander (90)
14. Vilas (72)

11/03/2011 | 06:28 PM
No surprises!! Congratulations!!
Wish they had put your picture with the trophy here on your webpage- its such an awesome one!! And of course, you looked gorgeous in black!
BTW, I agree with other fans here- how come Djoker is at second place??
11/03/2011 | 01:18 AM
Woho! Congo! Look at the difference! Roger, you rule!
11/02/2011 | 08:31 PM
Dear Roger, congratulations on being the best in history in Basel (not really a surprise to everyone). and congratulations on winning your 2nd round match today against Neiminem. By the way, I like the blue outfit. You look good in any color, but you look best in blue or red, happens to be my favorite colors. Good luck on the next match.
11/02/2011 | 08:23 PM
There's no match with other players!!!!!!!XD
11/02/2011 | 08:12 PM
Yes, Yes, Yes. You are the best, and not only for my family, jaja
Enjoied, you deserve all
11/02/2011 | 08:12 PM
Well done Roger for your award and your win tonight. Do not know what happened to you in the second set after such an impressive 1st and then 3rd sets. You seemed to lose your way in your serve again. A win is a win though and you played some wonderful tennis. You fully deserve your award, the number of votes say it all. I can not understand how the Djoker can be ahead of Borg, Sampras, Edberg, Agassi and Becker. To me, each one is more deserving than the Djoker. Good luck with the next game!
11/02/2011 | 08:12 PM
Dear Roger,

Well it's easy to win the award for best player in Basel history since you're the best player in all of history :) Good luck in the QF and I'll be cheering for you as always! :)

Your biggest fan,

Adeline
11/02/2011 | 08:07 PM
I can't say that I'm shocked about the results above. I'm in tune with the masses, I guess. Congrats on that too! For me it's not what you've done or continue to do it is your excellence that inspires me. : D
11/02/2011 | 07:53 PM
Congratulations on your win Roger!
11/02/2011 | 07:48 PM