Roger books final spot

05.11.2011 | Tennis, Starseite 1

It took Roger 88 minutes to defeat Stanislas Wawrinka 7-6(5), 6-2 in the semi-final in Basel tonight. He is now just one more win away from a fifth home title at the Swiss Indoors.

"It's always tough to play Stan," said Roger. "It's never easy. We know each other's game so well."

Roger took a quick lead, breaking Wawrinka in his second service game. Wawrinka fought back, though, taking the set into a tie-breaker. It was a bit of a scare at times, but our champ eventually won the tie-break 7-5. He left no doubts in the second set and wrapped up the match on his second match-ball.

Roger will face Kei Nishikori (ATP 32) in Sunday's final. The Japanese knocked Novak Djokovic out of the tournament today with an impressive performance.

11/06/2011 | 07:34 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee come one roger im hapyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy love u roge i love u so sosoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mutch kiss you from iran love u and i drem to see u wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow love uuuu im so so hapy grajulationn ...............
11/06/2011 | 07:03 PM
Great preformance , you deserve winning
you are the CHAMP!!!!!!!!!
11/06/2011 | 06:59 PM
Many congratulations Roger on winning your hometown tournament and your 68th title. A sublime performance. It is so good to see you holding another trophy. Good luck in Paris.
11/06/2011 | 06:56 PM
MAMMA MIA ROGER!!!
THAT'S A SHOT!!!
FINALLY YOU'RE CAME BACK!!!
WIN PARIS AND LONDON, PLEASE I WANT SEE YOU WINNER!!!
LOVE MANU!!!
11/06/2011 | 06:44 PM
I missed the match!! Sigh ( I misunderstand the time)
But congratulations Federer san!!!!!!!
Yes the world is at peace again. You have made 9 millions fans very happy (including me and my pet CC)

I shall catch the match by watching my friend Milk8812 youtube channel.

this is indeed a very beautiful day and thank you for saying to my country man Nishikori san " A Star is Born". You never said such nice thing before. Domoarigatou. Congrat to Nishi san making the final as wild card.
11/06/2011 | 06:42 PM
Congrats Fedex... Great to see a trophy in your hand:-) Welcome back King!!!!
11/06/2011 | 06:40 PM
good job roger.
11/06/2011 | 06:29 PM
BIG CONGRATULATIONS ROOOO, too excited to see me again one more trophy in your hands. thank you for continuing amazing grace, I love you, kisses to the family, Rosi Argentina
11/06/2011 | 06:15 PM
Awesome.....contests Roger......much awaited.......was great to see you holding the trophy. Always peRFect :) extremely happy to see you win......Bless you :)
11/06/2011 | 06:07 PM
I totally agree with Margie: the world is finally at peace again!
see you next week in paris! good luck and i hope you win the trophy:)
love u forever, rog;)