Roger rushes into quarters

04.01.2012 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger extended his unbeaten record to 19 matches by overcoming Grega Zemlja 6-2, 6-3 in Doha today.

"It is important not to get frustrated in the wind, like I maybe did when I was younger," Roger said. "You become used to it."

Roger displayed excellent tennis from the baseline today and as in the first match, relied on a solid serve. Once again, the job did not take long as Roger wrapped up the match in precisely an hour.

Our champ will meet Andreas Seppi (ATP 38) in tomorrow's quarter finals. Roger has won all seven matches against the Italian so far - without dropping a set.

01/05/2012 | 10:25 PM
I hope it is not true Roger and if so it is not serious. It would not be a good start to such an ambitious year. With so much going on this year Roger, please do the sensible thing and rest it if need be. We want you fit and healthy- It would explain the most strange second set today, dominant, but not dominant, but I thought it was marvellous how you fought back to even things up. Shame you could not quite finish the job at that point, but it was not meant to be. Good win though, take care Rogi
01/05/2012 | 10:25 PM
01/05/2012 | 09:53 PM
let us hope for the best.
but if there is any thing serious please let us be updated on the site.
anyways best of health and luck for tom.
hope to see u on court :)
01/05/2012 | 09:24 PM
Tennis.com is reporting that Federer has a bad back. So, there is a chance he will pull out of Doha and not play tomorrow.. Thats so sad to know. He was on a roll and playing at a good level. This could change many things this year. I hope he is fine and its nothing major at all. That could explain his struggle with Seppi today.
01/05/2012 | 09:15 PM
That wasn't a good match Roger :(
Please keep focused tomorow, Tsonga is unpredictable and very dangerous
Wish you all the best for tomorow
01/05/2012 | 07:29 PM
You scared me today in the second set but you came back like a champion. Tomorrow you need to play an aggressive game against "Mohammed Ali of Tennis", like you did in Bnp Paribas Masters
Wish you all the best
01/05/2012 | 07:21 PM
Congratulations Roger, but what a strange match. I felt you were in complete control the whole match, I never got worried, but somehow you got behind in the 2nd set. Then you caught up, as I thought you might and I thought you would take it. Then a good 3rd set. Thrash Tsonga for me again please Roger. To be playing Tsonga, tomorrow must be a Sunday. I like Tsonga but he can not compete with you!! You are No.1. Good luck.
01/05/2012 | 05:43 PM
Good Match!
01/05/2012 | 05:09 PM
Congratulations, dearest Roger, for making semi final. Good luck against Tsonga!

Keiko
01/05/2012 | 04:19 PM
So for the first time Seppi won a set !!!