Semis against Tsonga

05.01.2012 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger celebrated a 20th successive win today, reaching the semi-final in Doha for the sixth time. His 6-3, 5-7, 6-4 victory over Andreas Seppi earned him a next meeting with Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

"I am looking forward to playing him again," Roger said. "I hope it will be a good season for both of us. He's always a nice guy to see play, and a nice guy off the court as well, so I hope we can live up to expectations."

Roger did not show a too constant performance today, especially in the second set. He was trailing 1-5 when he still managed to come back to 5-5 - and still lose the set. But he recovered in the deciding set, breaking Seppi early and holding the advantage until the end.
Roger profited from excellent first serves and passages today - making a total of 41 unforced errors on the other hand.

01/06/2012 | 07:54 PM
Get Well soon champ!!! Hope you start australian open in style to make quite all the critics of being veteran and no backhand game to handle nadal and Joker......
01/06/2012 | 06:26 PM
get well soon Champ. god bless you
01/06/2012 | 05:28 PM
Roger: I am so sad because you have to quit to Qatar. I hope you will be full recover to the Australian. Please, take care of you. I really look forward to seeing you playing again as healthy as always.
01/06/2012 | 04:49 PM
That was unfortunate Roger, to have to pull out, but absolutely the right decision.
You have a remarkable fitness record, only twice in all your career have you had to pull out, it barely sounds possible! Take a good rest and mend your back. We want a fit and healthy Roger to watch. I hope to see you better for Aussie Open. Take care!
01/06/2012 | 04:16 PM
Sad to hear that you are having a back injury. I hope you have a good rest, and recover in time for the Australian Open. Take good care! :)
01/06/2012 | 04:08 PM
Sad to see you not being able to play in the semi final, but hopefully a rest will be all it takes to cure your back injury and hope you will be fully fit for the Australian Open. Love, Liz x
01/06/2012 | 04:07 PM
Hope you are feeling better! You took a good decision! Nothing is more important than your health! Take care,Roger! I'm sure you will be in good form for AO!
01/06/2012 | 04:03 PM
Hope and pray for a full recovery for the AO !!!!
01/06/2012 | 03:58 PM
If I could do it, I would give 50% of my health just to see you healthy and victorious at AO!
01/06/2012 | 03:48 PM
You took a good decision, as you say, health comes first. Take care of yourself and we'll see you in Australia! You're the best, Roger Champ!