Australian Open draw

13.01.2012 | Tennis, Starseite 2

Next week, Roger will start his quest for a fifth title at the Australian Open in Melbourne.

Seeking to extend his record of 16 grand slam titles, he will start against a qualifier. He could then meet Eric Prodon (ATP 96) or Andreas Beck (ATP 98). Possible opponents in round three are Jürgen Melzer or Ivo Karlovic, before he could challenge Alexander Dolgopolow or Fernando Verdasco in the round of the last eight. Mardy Fish or Juan Martin Del Potro could follow in the quarters.

Roger and Rafael Nadal have been placed on the same half of the draw for the first time in any Grand Slam since 2005.

01/16/2012 | 07:16 AM
All the best for your first match Roger, come on!!!
01/16/2012 | 06:26 AM
Wish you all the best to achieve your 17th Grand Slam title. You are always the best, the greatest of all time.
01/16/2012 | 04:57 AM
Roger come on, I'm sure you will fill in your collection with 17th Grand Slam at AO.
Love you and your family,
01/16/2012 | 04:05 AM
Go for this title Roger! Best wishes.
José
01/16/2012 | 03:34 AM
Oh, and I think that we are not looking at just 17 GS titles in your career. I feel, I know, that there is more to come! The competition is making, although it seems impossible, your greatness and awesome talent and the heart you put into the game even more! **Don't rest on your laurels when you are close: it's tempting, but others play possum, and/or/ by different ethics. Godbless!
01/16/2012 | 03:31 AM
Feel your wellness and certainty about your game! Many are called, but only one is called to the real and only Greatness, and don't hesitate to hold this in your heart. For sure, there will be mindgames and unfairness, but don't be too good a sport if that happens. I laugh about those who want to squash every ball, over expending themselves. Power is not just about big hits: there are things like body alignment, and timing, besides your power. Godspeed: I am glad I shall see you, so thank you!
01/16/2012 | 12:34 AM
Dear Roger, I hope you are healthy, strong and ready for the Ausi Grand Slam. I wish you best luck for your first match. Come on, I trust you, go for your 17 grand slam. Go, Go, Go !!!!
01/15/2012 | 11:29 PM
I believe in U, FedRR! You're the best tennis player ever, don't forget that!
01/15/2012 | 09:49 PM
Dear Roger, it is great to feel that the AusOpen is about to start, and you are ready for it. I'm sure it'll be a great time for all of us along these 2 weeks, so we are looking forward to seeing you at your very best. You look confident, and we feel confident about you. What can we expect? We'll see. All the best champ, once more, because we ALWAYS believe in you. Come on! ;)
01/15/2012 | 07:34 PM
Hello Roger,

It is good to hear/read that you are fit and healthy again for the challenge of the first Grand Slam tournament of the year 2012. It will be wonderful to see where these two weeks will get you this year. I am so lucky to be able to watch your first match on Monday live on TV and I will enjoy it as much as all your fans will. I wish you all the very best for your match against Alexander Kudryavtsev.

Joke