Round three after walkover

18.01.2012 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger got a free pass into the third round of the Australian Open as Germany's Andreas Beck withdrew from the scheduled second-round encounter with a lower back injury.

"I would have loved to play," Roger said. "I feel sorry for the fans who were excited to see me on Hisense today. I was ready to go. I was just coming for my warm-up hit, so I was completely focusing on the match."

It is only the third time in Roger's career that he has advanced a round without having to play.

01/21/2012 | 01:44 PM
Roger should win easily tomorrow because he is playing much better than Tomic and I don't see any reason why he should lose if he can sustain his normal level of play. Infact Federer is better than Tomic than almost all the areas of his game except first serve % (Federer vs. Tomic: Clash of Two Generations? http://bit.ly/AysC9T )
01/20/2012 | 08:49 AM
*for that he has to stay...
01/20/2012 | 08:46 AM
Great win today. He was a little bit lucky with that lob in the first set, not because of his genius just because he could make that lob. In this kind of players he has to return the first service, just put that in the field and fot that he has to stay a little step behind, because these kind of players have some issues with the routine play, and he has to tire those. Yes, he has to stay where he is staying against players like Djokovic, Nadal, Murray and Tsonga.
01/20/2012 | 08:32 AM
Congratultions Roger!! I love you and wish you to win your 17th GS at the AO 2012 tournament in Melbourne ♥ my support and love 4ever!! ♥
01/20/2012 | 08:32 AM
01/20/2012 | 07:42 AM
Dear Roger,

Congratulations against Karlovic! I wish you good luck and more healty and force in the next matches and I want to see you in the Australian Open Final! Go, Go, Roger Federer!!!!
01/20/2012 | 07:10 AM
Come on roger!
It's pure Roger! you can get your 17th grandslam here without much difficulties if you play like this!

Congratulations again!
Sina,
01/20/2012 | 06:20 AM
What a game against Ivo; You were great Roger,you impress me everytime you play.

Congrats Roger, You are the One
01/20/2012 | 06:01 AM
Bravo Maestro!!
i am triying to sleep a little bit
01/20/2012 | 05:42 AM