5th title in Dubai

03.03.2012 | Tennis, Starseite 3

Roger showed a great display today to defeat Andy Murray 7-5, 6-4 in the final to secure his fifth title in Dubai and his 72nd career title.

"It's beautiful winning this" Roger said. "I've had a great start to the season, and a great finish to last season, so I hope I can keep it up. But there are a lot of guys who are going to play tremendous as well."

It has been a tight opening set and both players were in excellent condition. A break in game no. eleven was just enough to take the opening set after 52 minutes. In the second set, Roger scored an early break to take a 3-1 lead but Murray responded with a re-break shortly after. After another break on Murray's serve at 4-4 Roger was then able to serve out the match, which he did with his second matchball - winning the Dubai trophy for the fifth time.

Next up is the BNP Paribas Showdown in New York on Monday where Roger will play Andy Roddick.

03/22/2012 | 09:15 PM
We want Google Plus FAN PAGE ! ! !
03/21/2012 | 04:24 PM
Another triumph. Another pisce of history for the world number one of all times. The one who changed the tennis, the one who cand demonstrate us he can win all tournaments on all surfices. He remains in my heart end he insipire me when i play this great sport called tennis. I'm commoved. Roger the Best!
03/13/2012 | 05:49 PM
ma lovely KING CONGRATS on winning your 72nd title sorryy for replying late...i always believe in you yesterday today n tommorrow n always forever....love you ma sweet lovely Federer....YOUR THE GOAT LEGEND there are no words to describe you...you such a special person wish i'm that lucky enough to meet you but i'm not giving up....always your diehard fan forever... ~Sahana~
03/10/2012 | 04:12 PM
Congratulations Roger.Good win!:D
03/09/2012 | 08:33 PM
SAW THE MATCHES WITH DEL PO, ALWAYS EXCELLENT TO WASTCH YOU BOTH PLAYING AND AS WELL WITH MURRAY, SO HAPPY FOR THE TWO WINS, THANKS SO MUCH, STILL EXTREMELY FIT
03/09/2012 | 08:29 PM
WELL DONE, YOU HAVE DONE IT, even if you haven t win the "1000" matches you plaid, it not such a big difference, than you play so well, we so happy when you win, so even if you wish it was 1000 wins, even if you have been a long tine, I could see you playing 1000 more, as you estremely fit....CONGRATULATIONS and as NADAL said: "very,very happy playing agains the Greatest of history"..SF MELB.
03/08/2012 | 08:34 PM
yay! go roger! my roger! i love you roger!! so stunning : ) xoxo
03/07/2012 | 10:23 PM
Congratulations Roger!!! I watch yours matches with Del Potro and Murray six times on Supertennis[italy]. I believe, you will champion in Indian Wells!!!!
03/06/2012 | 10:16 PM
Great job Roger!!!!
03/06/2012 | 04:27 PM
Congrates Roger! Well Done!