Roger in his 14th final this year

21.10.2006 | Tennis

It took Roger just 58 minutes to dispatch of fourth seed David Nalbandian 6-4, 6-0 and advance to his first ever Madrid Masters final. He will next face the winner of Saturday's late match between Czech Tomas Berdych (ATP 10) and Chilean Fernando Gonzalez (ATP 11).

"We'll have to see what happens tomorrow but it will be different because it will be five sets," Roger commented. "I've won matches 6-0 before so it doesn't mean that much but it is always nice to win that way."

Roger controlled the match in every aspect of the game to claim his 18th consecutive win and enter his 14th final of the year. After Nalbandian fought his old foe hard in the opener Roger completely imposed his will on the Argentine in the second set, which lasted only 22 minutes.

Nalbandian appeared lackadaisical in a second set in which Roger looked as if he was playing a qualifier, rather than the World No. 4. On Nalbandian's final service game Roger claimed an overhand slam at the net, a backhand winner down the line, and an easy forehand winner to win the match without dropping a point in the final game.

10/22/2006 | 06:42 PM
Hi, my dear Rog (Leo). It was great and brilliant. You were magnificant and gracious as usual. What a match! Your class and deamenour is outstanding. I am very proud of you.

Poor Fernando, he even did not thank you for the match and forgat about
10/22/2006 | 06:39 PM
Hi roger,

congrats yet another final and another win i was so glad you know tape your ankles after that fall it was horrible to watch i hope you are ok we don't want to see that again please be carefull.

I wish you well take care and good luck in ba
10/22/2006 | 06:34 PM
Roger !

congratulations !

I love you !
10/22/2006 | 06:08 PM
Congratulations Roger, impressive work in Madrid!!!! I was very upset when you fell down but fortunetely it didn't affect you!!! I'm looking forward to seeing you in Basel and i'm sure that you are going to win the title.
Good luck!!!
Love from Cyprus
10/22/2006 | 05:49 PM
Congradulation Roger !! You've won again. Though i've no chance to watch the live match (how sad), but it's equally exciting to catch you through Live Score. Excellence result !!!
10/22/2006 | 05:34 PM
congrats on winning the first madrid title,rogi!!!!!!!!
you play the best tennis in the world!am so proud of you!!!
enjoy your vitcory,champ!!

love and kisses!

irene
10/22/2006 | 05:34 PM
Dear Roger

I would like to tell your fan,Macus that watching Roger and Gonzalez on channel 40(star sports) UBC at 6:00 am and 3:00 pm on Monday. Now live score of www.goroger.net is showing the result. Both of them is in the third sets
10/22/2006 | 05:34 PM
7:5,6:1,6:0,Roger win!!
congradulations!
for you and for all us your fans!
your fans from Taiwan, a Cardiologist
10/22/2006 | 05:33 PM
Congrats Roger !! The 10th title of the year :D
You are the Mr. No. 1.
10/22/2006 | 05:28 PM
7-5;6-1;5-0 so far......
I think I know who's gonna win.
Ceefax(live) is where I have to get my info from unfortunately,but for now it's fine.