Roger advances in three sets

14.03.2012 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger survived an early storm from Milos Raonic before taking control to seal a 6-7(4), 6-2, 6-4 victory in Indian Wells on Tuesday.

"For me it was a difficult match," Roger said. "He`s probably seen me play a whole lot of times on TV which helps him out a bit. But I really did well. I hung in there and played a great second set."

Roger had some trouble with the Canadian`s power serving in the opening set but went on to show great tennis in the following sets and secure victory in just over two hours. He had never played the 21-year-old Raonic before and will now play Brazilian Thomaz Bellucci, who benefited from a walkover by Russian Nikolay Davydenko.

03/17/2012 | 03:59 AM
congratulations roger !!!!
i hope i can watch you playing final and you will INSHALLAH :-)
best of luck :-)
03/15/2012 | 10:18 AM
Roger, Delpo is getting closer every time he plays you and gets better every time he plays. I hope that you will have the strength to put an end once more to his ambitions. Sending you all the positive energy!
03/15/2012 | 07:08 AM
Delpo gonna be fatigued after Istomin match. Good for you. Almagro and Nalbandian to work Novak 'the bouncer' Djokovic and Rafael 'the ass pincher' Nadal. Want to see Almagro do well, that guy has potential to win ATP 1000s.
03/15/2012 | 06:49 AM
Hey Rog,

Congratulations on making the semis!! Take care and All, the best for the next rounds!

Mo
03/15/2012 | 06:45 AM
Congratulations for todays match against Belluci. Dear Roger please take care of yourself and if you are very tired please dont play in Miami. Keep trying for Indian Wells and then take the much needed break!
03/15/2012 | 06:33 AM
I was making a comment for the round of 16 match with Berlucci. I was in the stadium watching.
03/15/2012 | 06:32 AM
What a match. You played well but you gave us a scare at the end and we're glad you won. Congratulations. Good luck going forward.
03/15/2012 | 06:11 AM
Dear Rogerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,

Could not watch your match but let me keep reminding you that to lose the first set, means to be prepared for the best tennis in your next matches. You better do some quick fine tuning while you play your first set against Pel Potro, or else he can slaughter you!!! Mind you, the competition only gets tougher. I hope you will show us some new skills, if any. Love Ya !
03/15/2012 | 03:21 AM
Congratulations on the victory dear Roger! Just to stay healthy and everything will be OK! Roger Bravo!
03/15/2012 | 03:20 AM
Great recovery both yesterday and today, however, for the health of the fans carry your second set display of greatness for the rest of the toruney and all games will end in two sets. bests of lucks and keep on your awe-inspiring level.