Roger defeats Nadal and books |final spot

18.03.2012 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger won the 28th encounter with Rafael Nadal 6-3, 6-4 and will now play John Isner in Sunday's final of the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells.

The match started nearly three hours late because of rain, conditions were very windy and temperatures plunged. "I had a good day. It was a great match in tough conditions," Roger said. "It was so difficult but man I couldn't be more happy. I played amazing. I didn't expect myself to play so well, and this is sometimes when you can pull off the biggest wins of your career. That's where I'm happy I gave myself a chance this week."

Roger was extremely efficient, converting the three break-points he had right upon the first attempt. He was even serving for victory at 5-2 in the second set when Nadal broke his serve. But only two games and a rain-delay later he made everything clear with a final ace.

Roger will play John Isner in Sunday's final. He leads the head-to-head against the American 2-1. Roger had lost the last Davis Cup match on clay in Switzerland just a few weeks ago.

03/24/2012 | 06:27 PM
RF, you are great guy... Helps peoples's in the world... I wish health, joy, hapiness and force!!! We're with you and WELCOME BRAZIL!!! big hug...
03/21/2012 | 10:42 PM
Incredible match! One to remember
03/21/2012 | 06:44 AM
ROGER FEDERER

YOU ARE MY HERO
03/20/2012 | 04:04 PM
Congratulations Roger!
03/20/2012 | 03:19 AM
congratulation roger you are really champion.You play tennis amazing.I enjoy every matches you played specially defeated Raffa.I
03/19/2012 | 05:05 PM
Well done Champ, U r the best win or lose, your tennis is magical and can't be compare, the way you move in the court and you hit the ball it's marvelous.
U rock Rog!!! With u in the best or worst moments, Go for it u can get the spot u can win more tournaments and break more records.
Thanks for a lovely victory against nadal and thanks for a incredible week of your tennis.
The best for your family too
03/19/2012 | 03:34 PM
Congratulations Roger....you finally solve Nadal's game ...keep it up.. you make me believe that nothing is impossible. I enjoyed watching your beautiful tennis.
03/19/2012 | 03:34 PM
03/19/2012 | 12:20 AM
Please guys, update the page, this news is already old. Roger has just won the tournament!! Congrats again dear Roger, you've played a fantastic tennis the whole week, you absolutely deserve this win. Title nbr. 73!! my God, it's incredible, you are incredible, you are amazing. I could be writing the whole night, all the words aren't enough to show how GREAT you are. I love you, all the best for you in Key Byscaine, Beatriz Milano
03/19/2012 | 12:09 AM
Congratulations Roger
what an incredible match
thanks Roger
u can beat rafa in slams
you must have confiedence and never to lose your concentration as you have made last 3 games
You can do it Roger