73rd career title!

18.03.2012 | Tennis, Starseite 3

Roger captured a record fourth title in Indian Wells today, beating John Isner 7-6(7) 6-3.

There was not much between the players in the start and it proved a tough battle with no breaks, taking the opening set it into a tie break. Roger spurned two opportunities to take the set in the breaker before finally doing so at the third attempt with a clinical serve and volley.
In the seventh game of the second set, Roger converted the first of two break points to take a deserved lead. And Roger continued in style to break Isner in his next service game to seal the victory and once again make history.

Roger has now won 39 of his last 41 matches, has equalled Rafael Nadal's record of 19 Masters 1000-titles and only lies four victories behing John McEnroe (third in the ranking) with a total of 73 career titles.

05/02/2012 | 06:44 AM
Roger , please go ahead , we love you and it does not matter if someone else win more championships than you , you will always be the best.

For sure we want to see you win much more tournaments and enjoy your tennis for much more years.

Walter
04/10/2012 | 12:55 PM
Congratulations! may you win great number of these! all the best!
04/10/2012 | 05:30 AM
I miss you and I love you so much Roger. I hope you are enjoying a great and peaceful time, take care. :)
04/06/2012 | 12:35 PM
Mr. Roger
you really inspire me i am in the senior year at school ..and i should work hard to be in the faculty i wish....so i take from you your determining and i love when you focus on a goal to achieve ...you are a great man and ever will be ...so ..come on please
04/04/2012 | 03:14 PM
I hope you aways get yuor twins ate the court, becouse they brought you luck! ^^ thanks champ.
04/04/2012 | 02:44 PM
Congratulations Roger . I hope you will come back #1 in the world
03/27/2012 | 10:39 PM
Congratulations on being #1 in the Tennis Channel countdown of the top 100 tennis stars, men and women! I feel so honored to have watched you since you were 19 and witnessed so much incredible tennis. It was fun to watch you play Ryan Harrison, also 19, and he says he patterned his game after yours. We have to start watching the youngsters now, but there will never be another Roger! You are the most exquisitely graceful player I've ever seen, and, at 73, I've seen most of them. Thank you, Roger!
03/25/2012 | 09:29 AM
hey guys i wasn't back back for a long time but i keep watching rogers game and I'm so happy he won again in indian wells. he has just proven how great he was and always will be. he just defy all those people saying he's time is gone . go roger and rule the tennis game.prove to them always you're still the man to beat. really really proud of you way to go man.
03/24/2012 | 09:26 PM
How amazing again!!! Everything is very strong and unbelievable!!! Good Luck in MIAMI!!! GOOO ROGER!!! GOOO!!!
03/24/2012 | 06:17 PM
RF, you are great guy... Helps peoples's in the world... I wish health, joy, hapiness and force!!! We're with you and welcome BRAZIL. big hug...