Indian Wells: webnews

19.03.2012 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger Federer claims 19th Masters title with Indian Wells victory (The Guardian)

Roger Federer equalled Rafael Nadal's record of 19 ATP Masters 1000 titles as he beat the 11th seed, John Isner, 7-6 (9/7), 6-3 in the final of the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells. Federer became the first player to win four Paribas Opens, adding to the three he won between 2004 and 2006. "When it all pays off after a bit of a scare early on in the week and you get the title and the emotions are going, it's a wonderful feeling," said Federer. "I remember the days when I won three years in a row here, and I enjoyed myself over here. "It's been a long time since I have been this successful here, even though I have had some really good matches here in the past, but it's nice taking it all the way and getting victories. I was just really happy and not relieved because I was just extremely proud of my performance this week."

Indian Wells triumph a surprise - Federer (ESPN.co.uk)

Roger Federer believes he is in some of the best form of his life after scooping the BNP Paribas Open title for a record fourth time. Federer was made to work hard for his victory by surprise finalist John Isner, who has broken into the top ten for the first time as a result of his impressive showing at Indian Wells. "Honestly, I never looked one match ahead of me. I thought del Potro was going to be extremely difficult. Once I got through that one, I only thought of the Nadal match. So for me, maybe mentally because of what happened, it was a bit of an easier tournament."

Roger Federer wins Indian Wells Masters (Belfast Telegraph)‎

Write off Roger Federer at your peril. Four months after ending one of the longest title droughts of his career, the former world No 1 last night claimed his sixth tournament in his last eight appearances when he won the Indian Wells Masters. Federer beat John Isner, of the United States, 7-6, 6-3 to win the Californian title for a record fourth time. Twenty-four hours after sweeping aside Rafael Nadal in the semi-finals, Federer earned revenge for his stunning Davis Cup defeat by Isner in Switzerland last month.

Roger Federer concedes nothing, to opponents or to age (Los Angeles Times)

Federer, who's won a record 16 major titles, is 30, an age when many players in the punishing sport of tennis are thinking retirement. But he just keeps winning, including Sunday's Indian Wells final. When he beat John Isner in Sunday's BNP Paribas Open final, it wasn't so much that he won, but that his winning appears to foreshadow more of the same. And that it continues on a level of tennis that demands a near-perfect body more than a near-perfect forehand.

Federer Ties a Record in Masters Tournaments (New York Times)

Roger Federer has not won a Grand Slam title in more than two years, but he continued his somewhat more subtle recent assault on the record books Sunday. On a cold, windy day, Federer claimed his record-tying 19th Masters 1000 title, beating John Isner, 7-6 (7), 6-3, in the final of the BNP Paribas Open. “Well, naturally, I mean, I love winning tennis tournaments,” Federer said. “It’s nice taking it all the way and getting victories.”

03/24/2012 | 09:48 PM
I like this reading!!! It's fatastic!!! GOO ROGER!!! GOO!!!
03/24/2012 | 06:28 PM
RF, you are great guy... Helps peoples's in the world... I wish health, joy, hapiness and force!!! We're with you and WELCOME BRAZIL!!! big hug...
03/21/2012 | 07:55 AM
he rog well played....now on to miami...i hope you are training hard physically and resting as well..now on to ur game,i think you are looking very confident and playing with great attitude...and that reverse forehand is working so well..so just enjoy and be lighter,quicker and stronger
03/21/2012 | 03:48 AM
Well done in Indian Wells. At times you made it look easy against the Big Man, but we all know otherwise. Good to see a change of strategy to get the win. The FedExpress is rolling on!
03/21/2012 | 01:58 AM
Definitely the GOAT!
03/21/2012 | 01:14 AM
cont
to watch RF.
I hope that you are now feeling 100% and also that Paul A has recovered--your win was a good present and tonic for him.
Enjoy a couple of days rest and very best wishes for Miami

Kindest regards
Margaret
03/21/2012 | 01:11 AM
cont
Quote "Well naturally I mean,I love winning tennis tournaments--it's nice taking it all the way & getting victories."
Well Roger it is just as great for us your fans, to watch you achieve the above whilst watching your extraordinary sublime tennis. I hope that you NEVER reach the bottom of your bag which appears to be filled with endless exqusite shots that Pat Rafter said that he felt you created.
As long as you are healthy,happy & continue to love to play tennis, I am more than happy
03/21/2012 | 12:39 AM
Hello Roger
Firstly congratulations on winning your 19th Masters 1000 title, you simply played with a great will from the beginning to the end of the tournament inspite of everything [already documented many times]I could not feel happier for or prouder of you. A great tennis player, athlete and person.
I agree with one of the match commentators who said that full credit should be given to your parents Lynette & Robert for giving and bringing up the man that you have become.
03/20/2012 | 10:52 PM
Dear Roger
Of course you are proud of yourself! It'"s a great success! The most important is not only to win. but to play well! And you played extremely well, from the beginning of IW! I was watching all your matches last week, and think you played your best vs Nadal! What a match! You showed everyone what the magician you are!.The way you are playing asures me you can achieve more!! Be healthy and strong enough, I pray dear God for that.
Wish you all the best and good luck Roger!
Love, Mimi
03/20/2012 | 08:32 PM
You just make this sport look so elegant..keep up the good form and good head!
Mirka was holding one of your daughters during the final match..she is so adorable..my two year old daughter was delighted to see a young child on the screen. Hope you bring them back to NY this summer.