Roger battles through

01.06.2012 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger fought a few ups and downs against Nicolas Mahut today, eventually booking a spot in the round of the last 16 with a 6-3, 4-6, 6-2, 7-5 win.

Roger made an excellent start, breezing through the opening set. In the second, Mahut converted his first break point in the 10th game to take the set. Roger reacted right away, taking the next set easily after a first break in the third game. Seemingly on course, Roger then took a slight detour in the final set after saving a break point in the sixth game to then secure a break himself straight after - only for Mahut to break back. But Roger wrapped everything up with one more break and a final solid service game.

In round four at Roland Garros, Roger will meet David Goffin (ATP 109) for the first time. The Belgian entered the draw as a "Lucky Loser".

06/03/2012 | 08:01 PM
Congrats Champ! Good work, and you are in Quarter. On the other side Goffin did a good job, and based on the interview after the match, it is clear you are his role model.
Maestro, I hope you are healthy, strong, confident and have enough energy for the next match. I wish you best luck. Go, Go, Go!!!
06/03/2012 | 07:52 PM
Dear Roger
Congratulations! I was not watching the first set and the great part of the second (till 5:5) and when I saw this I froze! But your opponent played pretty well, and you really should have won him earlier. Anyway, you obviously enjoyed some points and it was a good match in general. From my point of view it's the most important that you are healthy and fit enough! Your next opponent will not make so many DF's!
Wish you alll the best and good luck dearest Roger!
Go, Roger, goo
Love M
06/03/2012 | 07:37 PM
☆Congratulations great lion!!! Are you a teacher of tennis and gives a lesson in how to play, continue on with their agility and intelligence. Best wishes always!!! ☆
BIA – BRASIL :)
06/03/2012 | 06:46 PM
*and few UEs
06/03/2012 | 06:44 PM
IMO Goffin didn't play like a lucky loser, he played better than many top 50 players with many winners and UE's, I don't think Goffin made Federer to look like a junior...
06/03/2012 | 06:37 PM
Boting...is not fair, do you think that I am not frustrated when Federer has problems? but I try to enjoy every match of him, I am so angry when Federer is losing, but let's give some credit to the oponnents, and so...
06/03/2012 | 06:33 PM
ADI1008 ***

May I be honest ?? Djoko nor Nada are of my business !!!
06/03/2012 | 06:33 PM
Well done Roger in a very exciting match. My goodness that young lucky loser is some player. But he gradually became tired. What a difference when Roger age only 19 beat Sampras at Wimbledon. But what a week for Goffin! Comms feel he won't ever be a Federer (we shall see) but "Does Federer wonder if he's creating a number of monsters - youngsters who all want to play just like him?"

GOOD LUCK IN THE QUARTER, ROGER, AND CONGRATULATIONS BY THE WAY ON YET ANOTHER QUARTER!
06/03/2012 | 06:33 PM
Boting:), strange question from you...:)) What is logic? to make comment only Federer is losing? This is "strange"...I said comment, not "complain", by the way...
06/03/2012 | 06:31 PM