The season's last final - with Roger!

18.11.2006 | Tennis

Roger produced a masterclass of tennis today, beating world number two Rafael Nadal 6-4, 7-5, to reach the final of the Masters Cup for the fourth year in a row.

Our Swiss star produced an impressive performance to get past the fired-up Spaniard and will play either David Nalbandian, who beat him to win the title last year, or James Blake on Sunday.

Nadal had won six of the pair's previous eight meetings, but Roger dominated from the off and dictated the tempo throughout the match. He wrapped up the contest with a sublime crosscourt winner on his third match point after just under two hours to extend his winning streak to 28 games.

11/19/2006 | 01:47 PM
congrats

u deserved it.
u had the last laugh.
nadal is now in the palms of your hand.
with love.
11/19/2006 | 01:35 PM
Dear Roger "King of tennis"

CONGRATUALTIONS you are truly the best i have had the privilige to see in my life time, there are no word's in the english language to describe you roger your are a knight in shinning armour every time you step onto a court
11/19/2006 | 01:14 PM
Congratulations! What a performance! What a lesson to the world! You are the best, with Tina Turner, yes, undoubtedly. And for the rest of us, it's Queen: We are the champions, my friend.
11/19/2006 | 01:14 PM
Congratulations Roger!
You are definitely the best of the bests!!!!!
11/19/2006 | 01:03 PM
as Carly Simon said.." nobody does it better ", u are the greatest ever ! Thanks for another great win and taking care of that lefty !
11/19/2006 | 12:51 PM
Dearest Roger!
Congratulations!!!!!!:) WHAT A YEAR!!! And You finished it with style:)
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, You really presented your fans with this year, and I'm grateful that I can support such a spotsman, such an amiable, gentle person. You make us
11/19/2006 | 12:45 PM
Dear Roger,
Congratulations! for your success in this year.
You make me very happy and fantastic when I watched your Tennis Game
You are gentleman, kind and sexiest for ours ( me and the other youe tennis fan)
Hope next
11/19/2006 | 12:43 PM
U R the best!
This week I watched the game you with Ivan at Qizhong tennis center.
U R so graceful!!!
your skill is perfect.
11/19/2006 | 12:41 PM
BABY CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNEW YOU WOULD DO IT! I'M SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON WINNING THE
11/19/2006 | 12:32 PM
thanks god for giving us roger..nadal go home but you must more agressive with him..more serve&volley..more return agressive..so you will win with Nadal also in clay courts

The first fan By ROME