Silver for Roger

05.08.2012 | Tennis, Starseite 3

Roger won his first Olympic medal today after losing against Andy Murray 6-2, 6-1, 6-4 in the tennis final at Wimbledon.

Roger started well, earining a break-point in the opening game, but Murray rallied to hold. And then, from 2-2  the match suddenly started slipping away for Roger as he lost every game until 0-5 in the second set. Roger tried to hang in there and did have his chances to break, including in the third game of the second set where he could not convert six break points but Murray finally also took that game. Murray eventually went on to end the match with three aces in series.

The silver medal is a special one for Roger, despite the defeat, it is the first Olympic one for Roger in the four Olympic Games he has participated in so far.

06/07/2014 | 05:20 PM
Roger a great chance for completing career golden slam wasted

hope to see u n rio 2016

i know u were tired

but andy was in red hot form
08/16/2012 | 05:34 PM
31 years of age? we'll it's just like starting 21 years of age and getting more history to come!
and the real battle of being an athlete is that, it's not only on how young you make history but "how long of age can you play? and make more history? "
08/15/2012 | 10:17 AM
Lots of people think that RF has only won 2 medals in the Olympics.
I reckon he has won 3:

SILVER in 2012 in Wimbledon vs. Andy Murray
GOLD in 2008 in Beijing in doubles with Stan Wawrinka
GOLD in 2000 in Sydney meeting Mirka
08/14/2012 | 03:54 PM
I really can't believe he lost the Gold Medal match that easy, I am not a hater, I'm an avid fan of you roger but I can't help thinking you just gave that Gold medal away, back here in the Philippines, athletes and countrymen alike are dying to have our 1st Gold Medal ever but still nothing came, I hope my observation of the game is not correct, very disappointing though.
08/13/2012 | 09:26 PM
Absolutely dissapointed that you would sell the game to a Brit. Why? Because the Olympics were in London? You are the last draw for me not to watch any of the tennis. To me you should have been disqualified like the Chinesse. Too bad the games came to this. So heartbroken. jan
08/13/2012 | 11:30 AM
Congratulations!!
08/13/2012 | 05:00 AM
Querido Roger:

Exitos en el torneo de Cincinati, se que vencerás a todos tus rivales. Espero poder ver la transmisión de todos tus partidos y tus nuevos triunfos!!!

Te deseo lo mejor, en esta semana. Ponte en las manos de Dios, que él te inspirará nuevamente para poder ganar este Torneo y un título más.

Confía en Dios.
Dios te ha bendecido con un gran don.

Eres el mejor!!!!
08/13/2012 | 04:02 AM
If you practice, I'm sure your challenges will improve. Just look directly vertically over the ball, & place it at a borderline in/out position. & move to diff parts of the court, hi low L R, from every angle. Then make it out for your opponent, and do the same. Do it at different parts of the court, including the lines for serving. It seems unfair that some crucial break points could have been yours, & you haven't honed in the challenging skills enough so that you have to miss the break chance.
08/13/2012 | 03:57 AM
Dear Rog: Congrats & Happy Bday week again. Now that you've had some time to enjoy your celebration. I'd venture to share an observation during your 1st set with Andy. At least 2 times, the call on your ball was very close. & there was a reasonable chance that you cd have challenged successfully. & you cd have broken Murray early in the 1st set. The dynamics would have diff. I know I had previously cautioned about getting ur rhythm upset, but you don't get upset ab "bad calls" like you used to.
08/12/2012 | 11:23 PM
Congrats Roger, just now read that Roger Federer will the Number, 1 for the 291st week also :)

Make it 300 soon :)....