Roger advances in three sets

01.09.2012 | Tennis, Starseite 1

<tt class="letterText"><tt>Roger won his third-round match at the US Open against Fernando Verdasco in a straight-sets win 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 today.

Spain's Verdasco, the second best left hander after Nadal, did not have a real chance against our champ in their fifth encounter. Roger's service was extremely reliable: he scored six aces and boasted a first-serve percentage of 67 percent throughout the etire match. Verdasco, in contrast, struggled with his accuracy and made 35 unforced errors. Roger sealed the match after 122 minutes with an excellent high backhand volley.

Roger will face the winner of Saturday evening's match between Mardy Fish and Gilles Simon in his next match on Monday.</tt></tt>

09/03/2012 | 09:24 PM
I'm not glad to hear this, I hope Mardy get well soon.

Roger be focused and healthy for next match. ;P
09/03/2012 | 09:12 PM
I'm sad because I was waiting all day to see you tonight. But it's good time to relax and prepare for next match. And I hope Mardy will be ok soon.
GO ROGER!
09/03/2012 | 09:06 PM
Dearest Roger:

I hope you are enjoying Flushing Meadows and training with lots
of energy and be healthy.

It's too bad for Fish, and hope he will be OK soon.

CONGRATULATIONS to you -- reaches in a RECORD of 34th STRAIGHT
GRAND SLAM QUARTERFINALS - making more history, MAESTRO !!!

I wish you all the best for the next match against Berdych, please keep
going and stay fit to struggle through the final.

We all love you, GOD bless U - Roger !
09/03/2012 | 08:15 PM
More time to recover and prepare for Berdych, but all the best to Mardy Fish...praying that Mardy is well and solid to play in the future.
09/03/2012 | 08:09 PM
Dear Roger
I'm so sad for everyone who has to withdraw!Especially when something is wrong with the health! Poor Mardy, he is a good player!. I would like to watch you, but hope you'll have a good training till your next opponent.
Hope you'll be healthy and fit for your next opponent!
Wish you all the best and good luck dearest Roger!
Go, Roger, gooooooooooooooo!
Love, Mimi
09/03/2012 | 07:42 PM
Sad to discover Mardy has had to withdraw due to health reasons. Get well soon, Mardy. Dear Roger, good luck in the next round vs Tomas. Much love to you and yours.
09/03/2012 | 07:38 PM
I would have love to see you play this round but I'm glad you are in the QF :D Rest and the best of luck for the next match! xx
09/03/2012 | 07:25 PM
No Roger tonight! What will I do?! A good opportunity Roger, to practise, relax and recoup some energy. I hope Fish is ok, a sad end of the Open for him in front of his own crowd. Have a good day Rogi, make the most of it, and then onto the next!
09/03/2012 | 07:13 PM
Hear fish retired please practice practice
Don't play any other matches other then the one next
Focus get rest