In semis with ease

26.10.2012 | Tennis, Starseite 1

In his home tournament, defending champion Roger  remains on course – on course for the final. In his quarter-final, our all-time record holder with 17 Grand Slam wins defeated his first Frenchman of the tournament, Benoit Paire, 6-2,6-2. In the second semi-final, the unbeatable Swiss now faces another French opponent, wild card recipient and ATP number 101 Paul-Henri Mathieu, who overcame Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov in a fierce encounter. But Roger  was taking no chances in front of his sold-out public, sweeping the opening set against Paire in 29 minutes with two breaks.The second set was equally brief as Federer moved within two wins of his seventh trophy of the season.He broke Paire's first two service games and sent over a pair of aces for a 5-1 lead before closing it out.

"It was a good match for me and I'm pleased to be back in the semi-finals," said the world number one."It cannot have been easy for him playing a top 10 player. I had to play aggressive, but by the fourth game of the match, I knew what I had to do."I'm looking forward to playing Paul-Henri, he's from my generation. It's good to see him back as well after his knee problems. I'm looking forward to the match."

This was vintage Roger at his entertaining best – on this form he will be very hard to stop as he laid down a solid challenge to the remaining contestants of the Basel Open.

11/06/2012 | 05:07 PM
This match was so nice!!! I was there and I can see You!!! It looked so beautiful and fantastic match!!! When you were coming, it was so great atmosphere!!! GOO ROGER!!! GOO!!!
10/27/2012 | 06:03 PM
Congratulations Roger!!!
Good luck for tomorrow's finals!
10/27/2012 | 05:55 PM
Congratulations, Rog, on your win in the SF against Mathieu!!!!! One more to go: finals against delpo. Best of luck.Will be watching again in ESPN3 8A ET tomorrow.
10/27/2012 | 05:54 PM
Dear Roger
Congratulations! You won, but was not as good! Hope you are feeling well. Because tomorrow it will be a much more tough match, because your next opponent is really a good server and a tough player! Hope you will be healthy and fit enough for your next opponent! I would like to see you lifting the Basel trophy!
Wish you all the best and good luck dearest Roger!
Go, Roger, goooooooooo!
Love, Mimi
10/27/2012 | 05:54 PM
Well done Roger!!!
10/27/2012 | 05:53 PM
☆ Wow!!! ROGER peRFfect, our FEDERINHO, you live in our hearts!!! I love the speed and quick time of their matches. Have a good night's rest!!! Good luck for the final!!! ☆

BIA – BRASIL :)
10/27/2012 | 05:53 PM
Hey Champ!!! Congrats and good luck for tomorrow's match with Del Po.
10/27/2012 | 04:59 PM
Dear Roger
Sent my best congratulation to your triumph in native country. It must be sweet to play in hometown!! Whenever I watch your endeavor in the competition,I always feel pleasure and inspiration that motivate me insist on practicing playing tennis.
Keep advancing !!!Tomorrow will be abetter day!!!
10/27/2012 | 04:41 PM
Vamos Roger, tú puedes ganar este partido, 3 a 3, vamos !!!
10/27/2012 | 04:03 PM
Dear Roger
I hope zou are healthz and fit enough for zour next opponent! It will be a tough match, but I'm sure you can make it!
Wish you all the best and good luck dearest Roger!
Go, Roger, gooooooooooooooo!