Out against Nadal

15.03.2013 | Tennis, Starseite 1

The clash of the titans at Indian Wells turned out to be a non event – unfortunately with our Roger on the losing side against Rafa Nadal 4-6, 2-6. Our Champ – always the gentleman – refused to blame the problem with his back saying: "I'm happy to be out there and able to compete, but it's obviously a small issue," he said. "That doesn't work against guys like Rafa". He added, "you could see at least I could serve full basically, and that always gives you a direction". He also said that he didn't want to talk about his back too much "because I don't like to undermine his performance, either". Rafa was just as magnanimous in victory saying "if I think that I am better than him because I beat him 19 against 10, I will be very stupid and very arrogant," he said. "This is not the case."

Roger had a miserable match against his old foe with only a slight glimmer of hope in the second set to get to 2-3 from 0-3 but Nadal took the remaining games in the set to win the match. It has to be said to Roger’s immense credit that he continued to play when obviously hampered by injury. There are a lot of players who would have retired rather than battling on never mind fashioning a break so early in the second set.

Next up will be the Mutua Madrid Open in May.

05/04/2013 | 01:43 AM
you are always the best roger
05/03/2013 | 07:45 AM
Come on Roger, there's no new from you for about two months. I am so iger to see you on court again, me and my friends are all supporting you. Have a nice chance in Madrid.
04/24/2013 | 04:09 PM
have a nice time for your training.Keep safe and healthy.take care of you and back to the court with strong heart.Nobody cannot beat Roger accept himself:).look forward to see you next month.God bless you and your family.
04/23/2013 | 11:45 AM
Miss you so much Maestro. But I know you know what is the best for your body and longevity. So I shall support whatever your decision is. But so boring without you. I have not been in touch with tennis for a while now. Can not wait till your tournament in Madrid. Please take care.
04/22/2013 | 10:28 PM
hi roger. we all miss you fantastic tennis. hope you and your family enjoying your time. come back quickly. good luck, good performance and tough draw ending with achieving this tour. this is what i want to see from our hero
04/22/2013 | 10:18 PM
.... FANCYFREE ....
Humano ..... y ademas, humilde. Lo tomo como tal y no se inmutó. Es y será el mejor de todos los tiempos, dentro y fuera de las canchas.
..........
Roger.....te extrañamos demasiado, Te queremos
04/22/2013 | 08:19 PM
***FANCYFREE***

No problem just an other U E ....
04/22/2013 | 07:24 PM
So glad you back to no 2 ,hope your back is better ,looking forward to you playing in madrid ,love to you & your family.
04/22/2013 | 07:24 PM
04/22/2013 | 06:33 PM
Oh g
I can't wait 2 months for the next tournament!