Roger, three questions:

29.01.2007 | Tennis

Capturing a Grand Slam Title without dropping a single set – that’s simply amazing…

It was actually already unbelievable last year in Wimbledon… I only dropped one set there against Rafa in the final. But not to have lost one single one now, that’s a surprise. You also have to keep in mind that this has been my first tournament this year – apart from the exhibition in Kooyong. I am thrilled to be playing this well this early in the season.

With 10 Grand Slam Titles, you’re approaching Pete Sampras’ record (14). What do you think about that?

Ten Grand Slam titles: I ask myself how was I able to win them in such a short time. Before capturing my seventh one here in Melbourne a year ago I didn’t want to hear about this. But now it’s clear that my rhythm is just perfect. I’ll give my best to beat Pete's record. I’m not far away any more, but I’m also not quite close enough to be thinking about it too much!

For the Grand Slam, you’re going to have to win Roland-Garros. Do you feel capable of going all the way this year?

Yes, absolutely, there’s no doubt about that. I’ve done well in Paris these last two years and I’ve gotten close. But Rafa stopped me on both occasions; he’s really strong on clay. But I also think I’ve become better and better on the surface and who knows – Nadal might not make it to the final just that one time or I might beat him there!

02/26/2007 | 07:33 PM
Another thing to watch out- you don't want to play too much on clay before the French. It is not only tiring, it can give unnecessary boost to opponents (if they beat you or get into close matches).

YOu want to play monte carlo and Rome - experiment as
02/26/2007 | 07:30 PM
ofcourse, you can beat Rafa.
You had him at last French Open Final in the first set. He was down on the floor. But it felt that you picked him off the floor and gave him another chance, and another. It was puzzling to us. It almost seemed like you did no
02/09/2007 | 01:27 PM
fedex
who says u can beat rafa u r our hero and u r going to win the grand slam this year thats for sure well i always pray for u and u will do it thats for sure.
02/08/2007 | 01:47 AM
yo, rog

listen 2 me. Attack nadal's forehand and come to net. Finish points at the net and nadal cant run them down. Trust me
01/31/2007 | 03:23 PM
Congrats. Aust Open 2007 semi final match against Andy was indeed, feast to the eyes & a lesson to him.
01/30/2007 | 09:42 AM
Hi Roggie,
I can't express how I felt when I saw you took the perfect back-hand to beat Gonzo on Rod Laver Arena on Sunday. I was so happy, so surprise and so proud of you. Nobody can match with you. I believe that you are the greatest tennis player in e
01/30/2007 | 09:11 AM
i believe, u can do it rogie =) u can beat pete's record, n i believe everybody around the world 'll b happy for u..because u r the true champion n everybody just luv seeing u winning =)
u need that confident for beating nadal=)
i hope i'm hearing gud n
01/29/2007 | 11:09 PM
Keep it up, Roger! We love you so much.
01/29/2007 | 11:09 PM
Unbelievable. I am so proud of you.
01/29/2007 | 10:57 PM
Hello Roger,

First of all: congratulations on your 10th Grand Slam title! You played in a fantastic fashion throughout the two weeks and you really deserved to win. I believe both your talent and hard work make you such a great champion. And a graceful