Roger to play Gstaad

02.07.2013 | Tennis, Starseite 3

I'm really looking forward to playing in front of my home fans in Gstaad this summer. I have got a lot of great memories of the tournament in the mountains of Switzerland.

07/17/2013 | 07:16 PM
I was last year on Swiss Open and it was so great!!! So this tournament will be amazing, too!!! GOO ROGER!!! GOO!!!
07/17/2013 | 04:03 PM
@Oakel123,

While it is true that the blade 93 has an 18x20 pattern, offering more control, it has a stiffness rating of 67, which adds quite a bit of power compared to, for example the 2011 Babolat Pure Storm Limited, which has a stiffness rating of 59. Although, the prostaff 90 has a stiffness rating of 65, so it shouldn't really be an issue. And I don't know a whole lot about racquets, its just food for thought.
07/16/2013 | 09:10 PM
hes never used the wilson k factor , ncode or blx he actually uses his own custom version based on the Pro Staff 85 that’s just sprayed up to look like the latest model.
07/15/2013 | 05:25 PM
Not to mention other pictures of the frame hint that is a blade of some from due to the hoop shape. Also no intend from the inside at 3 and 9.
07/15/2013 | 05:22 PM
@KARPOV789

Doesn't the 93 have a 18x20 pattern to add more control? I used to just the 90 but to be honest I'm not strong enough for five sets. The Pro Staff 95 is nasty I've tried the Aero Pro Drive for a giggle its quite fun.

But yeah could be blacked out I hope he does change. Worked wonders for Verdasco.
07/15/2013 | 03:46 PM
Yea, I just saw the picture. Hopefully, if he switches it will suit him better than the prostaff. This is exciting news. Its not necessarily the blade 93 though, it could just be a blacked out racquet. Actually, the blade 93 is my racquet of choice. I just made the switch from a head youtek prestige mid. I was a long time user of that racquet. Also Roger has said multiple times that he is open to trying a bigger frame. You would think the 93 has a bit too much power

Good luck in Hamburg Roge
07/15/2013 | 10:27 AM
Roger has been pictured practicing with a different frame looks like the blade 93.
07/14/2013 | 08:46 PM
switch, and maybe it will improve his play. But he knows a hell of a lot more than all 3 of us combined. Let him and Severin, and Pierre and Paul, and the rest of his team sort it out.

Good luck with Gstaad and the rest of the season Roger,

Dan
07/14/2013 | 08:44 PM
2. continued. The smaller head also gives him more control. A larger head has more power but less control, and seeing as Rog can generate his own power, that's not really an issue.

3. One might argue that he could switch from the prostaff six.1 90 to the prostaff 95, but the 90 is more headlight, allowing for more maneuverability at the net.

4. Roger is the best tennis player to ever step upon a couert. He turned pro in 1998. He knows what works for him, (hes won 17 majors.) Maybe Rog will
07/14/2013 | 08:38 PM
Kenty and Therealmrsrf,

There are several things you guys have to realize about Roger's racquet of choice.

1. He is under contract with Wilson. So if he wanted to change racquets he would be limited in his choices because he would have to stick with a Wilson.

2. Specs. The reason he uses a smaller, heavier head is because it allows him to become more connected with the ball as well as providing him with more plow through capabilities which helps both at the baseline and net.