Roger in semis

19.07.2013 | Tennis, Starseite 1

Roger reached the semifinal of the German Open Tennis Championship in Hamburg with a 7-6(4), 3-6, 7-5 victory over Florian Mayer today.

It was hard work for Roger all the way, he won the tie-break of the first set had to drop the second. In the third set, he scored a break twice to take a lead but the German broke back at both occasions. Roger finally went on to close the match, holding serve after another break in the end after exactly 2 hours of play.

Roger will now play Argentina's qualifyer Federico Delbonis (ATP 114) in Saturday's semis.

07/20/2013 | 04:50 PM
Hughsie - I just read your comments - THANK YOU.

ROG WAS OUT OF SORTS FOR LAST 3 POINTS OF THE MATCH - COULD YOU KINDLY MAKE SOME SENSE OF IT FOR ME AS I TOTALLY CONFOUNDED BY ROGER 'S PLAY AND LOSS TODAY.

I AM IN DESPAIR - THIS ISN'T HOW ROGER PLAYS CLAYCOURT IS IT?
07/20/2013 | 04:50 PM
I expect I will watch Nadal BOBVEGAS especially if he plays Roger,me specially that I will be there for the semis and finals. I hope Roger gets through that far!
07/20/2013 | 04:48 PM
Dearest Roger,
Yeah disappointing! Though you had genious shots, this attitude was not consistent. Your new racquet does not convince me. Keep your cool, take a rest, relax.
Love you always 🎾
07/20/2013 | 04:44 PM
i remember djokovic switched from wilson to head
07/20/2013 | 04:42 PM
Federer performances in this tournement are not that bad after two weeks
spending on the Maldives now it is time to go quick as possible to the gym
and spending a lot of hours in it.
07/20/2013 | 04:42 PM
Roger is very brave switching his racquet like this. Others in the past have not had that courage. It may or may not work, either way he needs us to support him and recognise what a big thing he is doing. He obviously loves tennis enough to make that change, a lesser person would just give up. I reckon he will have to use the rest of the year to settle with that racquet. Next year could be a big one for him.
07/20/2013 | 04:40 PM
Pff what a let down!!! This must stop, just ridicilous, a joke.
Lost to a nobody, again. The season gets darker at every tournent.

Im confused
07/20/2013 | 04:37 PM
Well I don't think that Roger will be disappointed, he will probably say that it was a good chance to test the racket and that he is looking forward for Gstaad.
07/20/2013 | 04:36 PM
Edit...for..
Be strong and don't feel lose.You still be our hero in or off courtAlways cheer you up and give you the big will.Have a good rest.God bless you and all of your girls and your family.Keep your really nice smile as well.Best wishes...:D..YOu are the best ..Roger
07/20/2013 | 04:36 PM
2ND SET TIE BREAK AT 4-4 - ROGER KNEW HE MUST WIN THIS POINT AND ROGER IMMEDIATELY HIT THE BALL INTO THE TRAMLINES UNDER NO PRESSURE AT ALL.

THEN AGAIN UNDER NO PRESSURE AT ALL, 4-5, ROG SHANKS A BALL OUT = 4-6

SO THE NXT BALL HE DOESN'T EVEN MAKE DELBONIS PLAY, A VERY NORMAL NO PRESURE SHOT FROM DELBONIS AND ROG HITS IT INTO THE MIDDLE OF THE NET 4-7.
IN ALL THESE 3 POINTS HE DID NOT MAKE DELBONIS PLAY.

EITHER HE DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT OR HE COULDN'T DO IT.
BOTH ARE WORRYING.